AEW Full Gear 2023 featured a Deathmatch between Adam Page and Swerve Strickland that very much lived up to the namesake.
Early on in the bout, Strickland was cut open by Hangman, and Page then lay down and allowed the blood from Swerve to drip into his mouth (eww).
Fans reacted to the moment on Twitter, with many commenting on the absolutely disgusting nature of it that played perfectly into the heat of the contest:
- Jesus hangman. Maybe wrestling isn’t for me. #AEWFullGear
- Oh we getting sick tonight #AEWFullGear
- Holy sh*t, I don’t think I’ve seen someone drink someone else’s blood before #AEWFullGear #HangmanPage
AEW Full Gear 2023 Hangman vs Swerve Deathmatch
Here are all of the matches set to take place tonight:
Zero Hour PreShow Card
- Ring of Honor World Tag Team Championship Match: MJF (c) and Samoa Joe vs The Gunns
- Ring of Honor World Championship Match: Eddie Kingston (c) vs Jay Lethal
- Claudio Castagnoli vs Buddy Matthews
- TBS Championship Match: Kris Statlander (c) vs. Skye Blue vs. Julia Hart
- Ladder Match for AEW World Tag Team Championship: Ricky Starks and Big Bill (C) vs. FTR vs. Kings of the Black Throne vs. La Faccion Ingobernable
- Texas Deathmatch: Adam ‘Hangman’ Page vs Swerve Strickland
- The Golden Jets vs The Young Bucks
- AEW Women’s World Championship Match: Hikaru Shida (c) vs. Toni Storm
- Sting, Darby Allin and Adam Copeland vs. Christian Cage, Luchasaurus and Nick Wayne
- AEW International Championship Match: Orange Cassidy (c) vs. Jon Moxley
- AEW World Championship Match: MJF (C) vs. Jay White
For fans in the UK, the event can be streamed back on demand via FITE TV, a digital platform dedicated to combat sports, including professional wrestling.
The PPV event costs only $19.99, making it a highly accessible way for fans to enjoy the action-packed event from the comfort of their own homes.
As well as FITE, fans can also order the PPV event to watch back on demand from PPV.com. PPV.COM apps are currently available from the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store. Download today for a more tailored viewing experience.