In the ever-evolving world of professional wrestling, rivalries aren’t just limited to the ring. They extend to the boardrooms, the ratings, and the very heart of the industry. One such rivalry that has been making headlines recently is between AEW and WWE. Chris Jericho, a stalwart of the wrestling world and a prominent figure in AEW, has recently issued a stark warning to WWE.
Last week, AEW Dynamite and WWE NXT went head-to-head for the first time in over a year.
The results? NXT managed to secure a decisive victory over AEW Dynamite in terms of television ratings. This win was significant, with NXT defeating AEW by a substantial margin.
Chris Jericho: His Take on the Situation
Chris Jericho, never one to shy away from expressing his opinions, addressed this defeat while speaking to The Messenger.
He drew an analogy between the ratings war and a football game, suggesting that WWE’s victory was akin to a team bringing back their top stars from previous years to clinch a narrow win.
He stated, “This would be like a football game where you bring in all of your top stars from years prior and beat the other team 30-26. It’s like a video game. Let’s bring in Tom Brady from five years ago and then play him for one game against Chris Jericho. OK, you guys won, but you only won 30-26.”
Jericho’s message to WWE was clear: don’t get too complacent. He warned them against becoming overly confident after their win against AEW Dynamite. In his words, “So, don’t get too far up your own ass because you didn’t do that good of a job as far as crushing us. And our show was better than theirs, quite frankly. So, it doesn’t bother me.”
The Future of the Rivalry
The wrestling community is abuzz with speculation about how AEW will respond to this setback.
Will they revamp their product to reclaim their position the next time they face off against NXT? Only time will tell.
- What happened between AEW Dynamite and WWE NXT recently?
- They went head-to-head in terms of TV ratings, with WWE NXT emerging victorious.
- What was Chris Jericho’s reaction to this?
- Jericho warned WWE not to become overly confident after their win and drew an analogy to a football game to explain the situation.
- Has AEW commented on their future plans following this defeat?
- As of now, there’s no official statement from AEW regarding their future strategy.
- Where did Chris Jericho share his thoughts on the matter?
- He expressed his views in an interview with The Messenger.