In a recent turn of events that has sent ripples through the world of professional wrestling, AEW Dynamite has surpassed WWE SmackDown in viewership ratings, a feat that has not gone unnoticed by wrestling icon Chris Jericho.
Known for his unwavering loyalty to AEW, Jericho took this opportunity to humorously mock the critics of AEW, highlighting the brand’s growing success in the competitive wrestling landscape.
AEW’s Rising Viewership
The November 22nd episode of AEW Dynamite garnered an impressive average of 845,000 viewers, with a notable .26 rating in the coveted 18 to 49 demographic.
This marked a slight increase from the previous week’s show, indicating a positive trend in viewership for AEW. In contrast, the November 24th episode of WWE SmackDown, which as a relative one-off aired on FS1, drew 789,000 viewers with a .24 rating in the same demographic.
This comparison clearly shows AEW Dynamite outperforming SmackDown in that week’s ratings, but again remember that on FOX SmackDown would regularly surpass 2 Million viewers.
Chris Jericho: Reaction to the Ratings Win
Chris Jericho, a former AEW World Champion, did not hesitate to express his thoughts on this achievement.
Taking to Twitter, Jericho responded to a tweet about Dynamite’s victory over SmackDown in viewership, playfully taunting AEW’s detractors.
His tweet, “But I thought the sky was falling!!” accompanied by a mention of AEW, was a light-hearted jab at those who have doubted AEW’s potential and staying power in the wrestling world.
AEW vs WWE: The Ongoing Rivalry
This development is a significant moment in the ongoing rivalry between AEW and WWE. While AEW has faced challenges, such as AEW Collision’s defeat against Survivor Series on the same night, the brand continues to make strides in establishing itself as a formidable force in professional wrestling.
Fans of the sport often engage in passionate debates and ‘tribalism’, supporting their preferred brand, and this latest victory for AEW is sure to fuel further discussions among the wrestling community.
- What was the viewership for AEW Dynamite and WWE SmackDown?
- AEW Dynamite: 845,000 viewers
- WWE SmackDown: 789,000 viewers
- What demographic rating did AEW Dynamite and WWE SmackDown achieve?
- AEW Dynamite: .26 in the 18 to 49 demographic
- WWE SmackDown: .24 in the 18 to 49 demographic
- What was Chris Jericho’s reaction to AEW beating WWE in the ratings?
- Chris Jericho humorously mocked AEW’s critics on Twitter, highlighting the brand’s success.
- Is the rivalry between AEW and WWE intensifying?
- Yes, AEW’s recent victory in viewership ratings over WWE’s SmackDown indicates an intensifying rivalry between the two brands.
- Should AEW focus more on its product rather than comparing with WWE?
- This is a topic of debate among fans and critics, with some suggesting that AEW should concentrate on enhancing its own product.