In a recent turn of events, Juice Robinson, a prominent star in All Elite Wrestling (AEW), has suffered a legitimate back injury, necessitating his absence from television for the foreseeable future.
This development comes as a significant blow to AEW, where Robinson has been a notable presence.
The Incident Leading to Robinson’s AEW Injury
The injury storyline unfolded on the AEW Full Gear 2023 go-home episode of Rampage, where Bullet Club Gold was attacked by MJF.
During this segment, the camera cut backstage to reveal Robinson laid out, ostensibly after MJF had broken a flat-screen TV over his head.
However, it has been reported by Fightul Select that Robinson’s injury is not a part of the storyline but a real-life occurrence.
Nature and Impact of Robinson’s Injury
Robinson’s back injury, which occurred at an unspecified time, is severe enough to require surgery.
The exact circumstances and timing of the injury remain unclear, but it is known that Robinson last competed on the November 1st episode of AEW Dynamite.
The injury is significant enough to sideline him for the remainder of the year, though he is not expected to be out for an extended period beyond that.
The Impact on AEW Storylines
Robinson’s injury and subsequent absence from AEW programming will necessitate adjustments to ongoing and planned storylines.
His role in the Bullet Club Gold and any potential feuds or matches will have to be reevaluated and restructured in light of his injury.
- What happened to Juice Robinson?
- Juice Robinson suffered a legitimate back injury requiring surgery, leading to his temporary departure from AEW TV.
- How did AEW write Robinson off TV?
- All Elite used a storyline on the Full Gear 2023 go-home episode of Rampage, where Robinson was attacked by MJF, to explain his absence.
- When did Robinson last wrestle before his injury?
- Robinson’s last match was on the November 1st episode of Dynamite.
- How long is Robinson expected to be out of action?
- While a specific timeline is not provided, he is expected to be out for the remainder of the year but not much longer.
- Will Robinson’s injury affect storylines?
- Yes, his absence will require adjustments to ongoing and planned storylines in AEW.