Boxing legend Manny Pacquiao recently spoke to Business Mirror and made a huge statement regarding his next career move.
Pacquiao confirmed that he not only wants to fight McGregor, but it would be inside of an Octagon.
‘[Spence and Crawford] They’re my options, but right now I want to experience fighting an MMA (mixed martial artist),’ Pacquiao stated, when discussing what his next move would be. ‘I will also donate a big portion of my income to Filipino COVID-19 victims.’
Conor McGregor is currently scheduled to face Dustin Poirier this month at UFC 257. The Irishman is still very much in the UFC Lightweight Title picture, with ‘retired’ fighter Khabib Nurmagomedov still in possession of the belt? There’s a very good chance that McGregor will get another shot at Khabib, should the Russian opt to return to the Octagon to try and make his fight career 30-0.
Conor McGregor vs Manny Pacquiao
If Conor McGregor beats Dustin Poirier at UFC 257? There’s almost next to no chance that we see a fight with Manny Pacquiao this year. McGregor will be lined up with some of the UFC’s top Lightweights, with at least Charles Oliveira, Michael Chandler and Justin Gaethje in line to face ‘The Notorious One’ this year, should Khabib not return to the cage.
If McGregor does lose to Poirier this month? Then the mega fight against Manny Pacquiao could go ahead in 2021, especially with the chance to make a substantial amount of money for charity and the goodwill PR it will bring for Conor.
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
Fighter Fans is proud to be sponsored by the following MMA and Boxing brands:
- Venom Drip Combat Sportswear ’“ Founded in 2011 in Central California. Venom Drip Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand. Geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
- Sidekick Boxing ’“ Developed by the company founder, Daniel Knight; who is a black belt in kickboxing and a team of manufacturing experts of over 20 years; Sidekick has rapidly earned a name of high quality kickboxing equipment with a real stylish look to hit the market. This success of our equipment grew us naturally into other combat sports and Sidekick became the equipment sponsor to many prestigious kickboxing and MMA promotions.
Also Check Out:
- Michael Chandler Talks Using The ’˜Mike Tyson’ Strategy
- Cris ’˜Cyborg’ Santos Open To Fighting Kayla Harrison
- Charles Oliveira Plans To Call Out Winner Of Poirier McGregor
- Michael Chandler ’“ ‘I Don’t Think Conor McGregor Gets The Credit That He Deserves’
- Brendan Schaub on Anthony Pettis ’“ ‘What Does a PFL Championship Really Do For You?’
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Tom Aspinall Confirmed for UFC Fight Night