Avni Yildirim coach Joel Diaz recently spoke to Matchroom Boxing ahead of the Canelo Alvarez fight on February 27th. The WBC, WBA Super and Ring Magazine World Super-Middleweight titles will be on the at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida. The show will be streamed live worldwide on DAZN (except Mexico) with tickets on general sale now via Ticketmaster.
We received the following quotes directly from Matchroom Boxing:
“Avni Yildirim may be an underdog but he doesn’t care what anybody says” Joel Diaz told Matchroom. “He’s fighting for his country and he’s going to shock the world. He’s a completely different fighter from when he fought Dirrell and Chris Eubank Jr. I said to him, you are a physically stronger guy than Dirrell but you had no defense. That’s why they called him ‘Mr Robot’, but there’s no robot in him now, I can tell you.”
Joel Diaz on Avni Yildirim
“I made a complete transformation because I dedicated time to him.” Diaz continued. “The COVID situation helped him in a way because there was nothing to do, there were no fights, so just to keep him busy we would go to the gym and work on technique and making him a better fighter.”
Yildirim’s clash with Canelo is part of a huge night of action in Miami, asÂ JulioCesar MartinezÂ (17-1 13 KOs) defends his WBC World Flyweight title against mandatory challengerÂ McWilliams ArroyoÂ (20-4 15 KOs).
Chinese Heavyweight starÂ Zhilei ZhangÂ (22-0 17 KOs) makes a quick return to action over ten rounds againstÂ Jerry ForrestÂ (26-4 20 KOs), and a host of young talents get the chance to shine on the card in the form ofÂ Diego Pacheco. (10-0 8 KOs),Â Alexis EspinoÂ (6-0 4 KOs),Â Marc CastroÂ (1-0 1 KO) andÂ Aaron AponteÂ (1-0 1 KO).
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
- MANSCAPED ’“ We are absolutely ecstatic to announce that Fighter Fans has joined with MANSCAPEDâ„¢ to offer our readers 20% off and FREE SHIPPING on all orders! MANSCAPEDâ„¢ the best in men’s below-the-waist grooming. MANSCAPEDâ„¢ offers precision-engineered tools for your family jewels. Go to http://manscaped.com/ and get 20% off + free shipping with our link: manscaped.com/fighterfans #manscapedpod
- Venom Drip Combat Sportswear ’“ Founded in 2011 in Central California. Venom Drip Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand. Geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
Also Check Out:
- REPORT: George St Pierre ’˜Preparing’ For Khabib UFC Fight
- Deiveson Figueiredo ’“ ‘I Want To Shut Up Henry Cejudo’
- Matt Brown Not Retiring Following Carlos Condit Loss
- Frankie Edgar on Fight Night ’“ ‘This Is a Number 1 Contender Fight’
- Michael Chandler Calls For UFC Dustin Poirier Fight
- Charles Oliveira ’“ ‘Dustin Poirier Is The Fight To Make’