Matchroom Boxing has announced that Chris Kongo will be defending his WBO Global Title at the Whyte vs Povetkin 2 undercard on March 6th.
The promotion sent out the following in a press release earlier today confirming the bout:
Undefeated WelterweightsÂ Chris KongoÂ andÂ Michael McKinsonÂ will collide for the WBO Global Title on the undercard of Alexander Povetkin vs. Dillian Whyte 2 on Saturday March 6, live onÂ Sky Sports Box OfficeÂ in the UK and onÂ DAZNÂ in all other markets excluding the UK and Ireland.
Chris Kongo also spoke about the upcoming title defence.
Chris Kongo on Title Defence
‘I’m very excited, this is a fight that I’ve wanted for a long time,’ said ChrisÂ Kongo. ‘He )Michael McKinson) was saying that he was far ahead of me, but now I’ve got the belt, the tables have turned.”
‘Michael has said he’s the most avoided, but I know I’m the most avoided, so we have to make it happen. The two most dangerous fighters in the division ’“ we’re both getting it on now ’“ so it’s a big fight.
‘It’s not, can I solve ’˜The Problem?’” Chris Kongo continued. “I will solve ’˜The Problem’ on March 6, guaranteed. In the Luther Clay fight, I said before it, someone is going to go down, and I definitely know it’s not me. Same way someone is going to go down in this fight, and it’s definitely not me again.”
Kongo finished by saying that he is going to get an explosive win. ‘It’s going to be an explosive win for me. This is what we train for, this is what we work for. I want the big risk fights. If you don’t take risks in life, you won’t get anywhere, so it’s all about taking another risk in my career.’
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
Fighter Fans is proud to be sponsored by the following MMA and Boxing brands:
- Venom Drip Combat Sportswear ’“ Founded in 2011 in Central California. Venom Drip Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand. Geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
- Sidekick Boxing ’“ Developed by the company founder, Daniel Knight; who is a black belt in kickboxing and a team of manufacturing experts of over 20 years; Sidekick has rapidly earned a name of high quality kickboxing equipment with a real stylish look to hit the market. This success of our equipment grew us naturally into other combat sports and Sidekick became the equipment sponsor to many prestigious kickboxing and MMA promotions.
Also Check Out:
- Paige VanZant on Fighter’s UFC Pay ’“ ‘I Feel That We Do Need To Be Compensated More’
- UFC Fight Night ’“ Magny vs Chiesa on ESPN+ Live Results (20/01)
- Jon Anik ’“ ‘I Was Shaking After The Holloway/Kattar Fight’
- Daniel Cormier ’“ ‘It’s More On The Corner To Stop That Fight’
- Dana White Says That He Will Have Another Meeting With Khabib