Josh Warrington has been handed the first loss of his professional boxing career. The Leeds Warrior took on Mauricio Lara inside of the SSE Wembley Arena this Saturday, and his Mexican opponent was a huge underdog in the bout.
Warrington did not look right at all throughout the matchup. Lara took down Josh Warrington in the fourth and he continued to dominate throughout the rest of the rounds. Warrington seemed to get his feet back a little in the fifth/sixth rounds but the flurries from the Mexican were too much for the British fighter in the end.
Lara made the following comments following the stunning upset:
Mauricio Lara Talks Josh Warrington
‘The reason I performed so well is because of the support of my family,” saidÂ Lara.Â “I think Josh Warrington needed to know that this fight wasn’t going to be easy. He shouldn’t have been making plans for future fights. I am extremely happy at the moment.”
“We just had to take our time and wait. He was a great champion, that’s why he continued to fight on and be strong and have good heart” Mauricio Lara continued. “I didn’t want to tire myself out too much. I had to take it round by round and wait for that final blow when it came in the ninth.”
“We were very confident in our team in what we could do. Of course, there is a surprise when it actually comes off. We’re happy with our performance. I know I am heavy-handed and that’s what showed during the fight. I’m really really happy. I’m crazy happy.”
Mauricio Lara finished by saying that he’s looking forward to going home to his family. “I’m looking forward to going back home to see my daughter and my wife. I’m looking forward to spending time with them. There is a tinge of sadness that I can’t take the belt home. At least Mexicans know that they have a new number one going home with that victory. I will have a massive pizza, and I’m looking forward to it!’
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
- MANSCAPED ’“ We are absolutely ecstatic to announce that Fighter Fans has joined with MANSCAPEDâ„¢ to offer our readers 20% off and FREE SHIPPING on all orders! MANSCAPEDâ„¢ the best in men’s below-the-waist grooming. MANSCAPEDâ„¢ offers precision-engineered tools for your family jewels. Go to http://manscaped.com/ and get 20% off + free shipping with our link: manscaped.com/fighterfans #manscapedpod
- Venom Drip Combat Sportswear ’“ Founded in 2011 in Central California. Venom Drip Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand. Geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
Also Check Out:
- EZwork Boxing ’“ Floyd Mayweather and Teofimo Lopez Beef is Official
- Joseph Parker on Junior Fa ’“ ‘I’m Ready To Go February 27th’
- Shaquille O’Neal on BKFC ’“ ‘This Is The Future Of Fighting’
- Paige VanZant ’“ ‘I Don’t Quit When Sh*t Get Tough’
- EZwork Boxing ’“ Floyd Mayweather vs 50 Cent Exhibition!?
- Avni Yildirim Coach Talks Canelo Alvarez Matchup on February 27th