Zhilei Zhang recently commented on a potential megafight with Anthony Joshua in China. Zhilei ZhangÂ is currently preparing to faceÂ Jerry ForrestÂ on the undercard ofÂ Canelo Alvarez’sÂ defense of his WBC, WBA Super and Ring Magazine World Super-Middleweight titles.
We received the following quotes directly from Matchroom Boxing:
‘I would love to fight AJ in China because of our amateur backgrounds,’ saidÂ Zhang. ‘The venue is there, the Bird’s Nest holds 100,000, so we have it all. Beijing and Shanghai are the biggest cities, very economically developed and boxing in China is growing. The sports fans there like boxing, they like AJ, so if we can make it happen it would be huge for boxing.”
Zhilei Zhang also discussed his upcoming fight against Jerry Forrest. ‘I took a week off after the last fight and was right back into the gym. Shaun George is a great trainer, he’s very professional and dedicated, Terry and Tommy Lane my advisors are making things happen on their end and the whole team have made this camp great and it’s gone so well.”
Zhilei Zhang on Canelo Undercard Fight
‘It was a good performance last time out but we’ve seen what I can do better and in this camp we’ve focused on that; we have also worked on becoming stronger so I will be prepared for Jerry” Zhang continued. ‘Jerry has a good record and I respect him a lot. We’ve studied him and know all about him. I hope that when it comes to the fight, we put on a good show for the fans.
Zhang finished by saying how excited he is to be on the same card as the defending Canelo Alvarez. ‘I’m excited to be on the same card as Canelo; he’s an amazing fighter in the ring and a great businessman outside the ring. It’s a big plus and it gives me the chance to showcase my skills to a huge audience and build to bigger fights later in the year.’
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
- MANSCAPED ’“ We are absolutely ecstatic to announce that Fighter Fans has joined with MANSCAPEDâ„¢ to offer our readers 20% off and FREE SHIPPING on all orders! MANSCAPEDâ„¢ the best in men’s below-the-waist grooming. MANSCAPEDâ„¢ offers precision-engineered tools for your family jewels. Go to http://manscaped.com/ and get 20% off + free shipping with our link: manscaped.com/fighterfans #manscapedpod
- Venom Drip Combat SportswearÂ ’“ Founded in 2011 in Central California.Â Venom DripÂ Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand. Geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
Also Check Out:
- EZwork Boxing ’“ Floyd Mayweather and Teofimo Lopez Beef is Official
- Joseph Parker on Junior Fa ’“ ‘I’m Ready To Go February 27th’
- Shaquille O’Neal on BKFC ’“ ‘This Is The Future Of Fighting’
- Paige VanZant ’“ ‘I Don’t Quit When Sh*t Get Tough’
- EZwork Boxing ’“ Floyd Mayweather vs 50 Cent Exhibition!?
- Avni Yildirim Coach Talks Canelo Alvarez Matchup on February 27th