Unified Lightweight Champion Teofimo Lopez recently appeared onÂ BBC’s 5 Live Boxing with Costello and Bunce. The fighter would discuss a number of topics during the show, including a potential rematch with Lomachenko, the Ryan Garcia vs Luke Campbell fight and how he ranks the other fighters in the Lightweight division.
“No reason for a rematch whatsoever” Lopez began when asked if he would offer Lomachenko a rematch for the Lightweight titles. “For what ,you know? There’s no reason to. We beat him, we out-boxed him we beat him fair and square.
“We beat him clearly” Lopez would continue. “It wasn’t like a situation like…had this fight been a split decision or something like that? Then yes, we could talk about something. If they said a majority decision [same thing]. This turned out to be a unanimous decision for a reason. We out-boxed the boxer. We beat the boxer, now it’s on to bigger and better things.”
Teofimo Lopez vs Vasyl Lomachenko
Teofimo Lopez won the IBF Lightweight Title from Richard Commey back in December 2019. Lopez took the win, inside of Madison Square Garden, in the second round via TKO. Teofimo Lopez would then go on to win the WBA (Super),Â WBO, andÂ The RingÂ Lightweight Titles from Vasyl Lomachenko in October 2020. As mentioned, this was via unanimous decision.
Lopez is now 16-0 in his pro fight career, and he has a list of fighters who could challenge him for the Titles going forward. The Lightweight Champion previously noted that he sees Lomachenko as second in the rankings, although he will not give him a rematch for the belts. Lopez also stated “Number three, would probably be Ryan Garcia. Four would be Devin Haney, and Number Five would be ’˜Tank’ Davis.’
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
Fighter Fans is proud to be sponsored by the following MMA and Boxing brands:
- Venom Drip Combat Sportswear ’“ Founded in 2011 in Central California. Venom Drip Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand. Geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
- Sidekick Boxing ’“ Developed by the company founder, Daniel Knight; who is a black belt in kickboxing and a team of manufacturing experts of over 20 years; Sidekick has rapidly earned a name of high quality kickboxing equipment with a real stylish look to hit the market. This success of our equipment grew us naturally into other combat sports and Sidekick became the equipment sponsor to many prestigious kickboxing and MMA promotions.
Also Check Out:
- EZwork Boxing ’“ Anthony Joshua Will VACATE If Usyk Stops Tyson Fury Fight!?
- Teofimo Lopez Ranks The Top 5 In The Lightweight Division
- Manny Pacquiao Says That Conor McGregor Is ’˜Next’
- Evander Holyfield Compares Ex-NFL Player To Deontay Wilder
- Oscar De La Hoya Talks Gennadiy Golovkin Comments ’“ ‘He’s Got To Protect His Own Image’
- Spencer Oliver ’“ ‘If There’s One Super Middleweight Who Could Test Canelo? It’s Billy Joe Saunders’