Bellator MMA fighter Corey Anderson recently spoke to MMA Fighting. The former UFC LHW discussed how he believes that Bellator has a superior Light Heavyweight division to the UFC.
‘I just feel right now Bellator has the upper hand,’ Anderson would state in the interview. ‘[Jon] Jones has left. They’ve got these hype trains. These young guys UFC has coming in they’re trying to hype up but I feel like their legitimacy aren’t like the vets that were there that are in Bellator now.’
‘These last two signings they made definitely made it a stronger case,’ Anderson would continue. ‘At first, I was in the UFC and I was No. 4 when I left. The only people I hadn’t fought wasÂ Jon JonesÂ andÂ Dominick Reyes. I had beatÂ Jan BlachowiczÂ once andÂ Anthony SmithÂ was above me, but we see where Anthony Smith’s at now. He just got first win in a while against an unranked guy.”
Corey Anderson on UFC’s Treatment of Fighters
Corey Anderson would then take a scathing shot at the UFC and their treatment of talent. ‘They say ’˜oh these guys are washed up, they got cut from the UFC.’ No, they got treated wrong and they left,’ Anderson claimed. ‘You’ve got to think about all the people who were cut from the UFC and came back to do what they’re doing. That kidÂ Brandon MorenoÂ was cut from the UFC and he came back and fought for the title.”
‘Dana’s [White] always going to say his division’s the best. He’s going to say whatever he has to bag the reason why he had to let these people go, make it seem legit, but at the end of the day it doesn’t matter what you say. World champs or not, they were some of the best in the world.”
credit to MMA Fighting for the transcription
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
Fighter Fans is proud to be sponsored by the following MMA and Boxing brands:
- Venom Drip Combat Sportswear ’“ Founded in 2011 in Central California. Venom Drip Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand. Geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
- Sidekick Boxing ’“ Developed by the company founder, Daniel Knight; who is a black belt in kickboxing and a team of manufacturing experts of over 20 years; Sidekick has rapidly earned a name of high quality kickboxing equipment with a real stylish look to hit the market. This success of our equipment grew us naturally into other combat sports and Sidekick became the equipment sponsor to many prestigious kickboxing and MMA promotions.
Also Check Out:
- Michael Chandler Talks Using The ’˜Mike Tyson’ Strategy
- Cris ’˜Cyborg’ Santos Open To Fighting Kayla Harrison
- Charles Oliveira Plans To Call Out Winner Of Poirier McGregor
- Michael Chandler ’“ ‘I Don’t Think Conor McGregor Gets The Credit That He Deserves’
- Brendan Schaub on Anthony Pettis ’“ ‘What Does a PFL Championship Really Do For You?’
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Tom Aspinall Confirmed for UFC Fight Night