Although he could not be in attendance, Jon Moxley would appear in a pre-taped promo at Wrestle Kingdom 15. The IWGP United States Champion would issue a challenge before the KENTA vs Satoshi Kojima match, with the winner of that bout going on to face Moxley for the belt.
Jon Moxley ‘Appears’ at Wrestle Kingdom
Jon Moxley was stood in New Japan’s United States based ring during the promo, which is interesting as he is currently not ‘permitted’ to appear on United States dates for New Japan. This was reportedly one of the stipulations of Moxley’s AEW contract, which has stopped both Moxley and Chris Jericho from appearing on US based NJPW cards in the past.
It is likely that Moxley will face the winner of KENTA vs Kojima once he is able to return to Japan; this of course is all dependent the COVID-19 restrictions in the country.
Wrestle Kingdom Night 1
Here’s the full card for Night 1 of Wrestle Kingdom 15 in the Tokyo Dome.
- IWGP Heavyweight and Intercontinental Championship Match ’“ Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Kota Ibushi
- Kazuchika Okada vs. Will Ospreay
- Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. The Great-O-Khan.
- IWGP US Championship Right To Challenge Contract Match ’“ KENTA (h) vs. Satoshi Kojima
- IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Title Match ’“ Zack Sabre Jr. and Taichi vs. Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa (Guerillas of Destiny)
- Hiromu Takahashi vs. El Phantasmo
- (Pre-Show) The New Japan Rambo
Here’s the International Start Times for Night 1:
- Jan 3 11:00 pm (PST)
- 2:00 am (EST)
- 7:00 am (GMT)
Also Check Out:
- Kota Ibushi on Winning at Wrestle Kingdom ’“ ‘I Really Could Become God At That Point’
- Jay White ’“ ‘I’ve Been In Japan Too Long. I’m Taking Those Belts and Going Home’
- Former Premier League Footballer at 200/1 To Win The WWE Royal Rumble
- Tetsuya Naito Talks Criticisms of His ’˜Dangerous’ In-Ring Style
- Katsuyori Shibata’s In-Ring Status and NJPW LA Dojo
- Kevin Kelly Confirms That NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 15 Will Still Go Ahead