Wrestle Kingdom 15 Night 1 is currently underway at the Tokyo Dome in Japan. There are several Championship matches taking place over the two nights. One of the bouts that took place on Night 1 saw KENTA defend his ‘right to challenge contract’ for the IWGP United States Championship.
KENTA vs Satoshi Kojima
KENTA would defend against Japanese wrestling legend Satoshi Kojima, with NJPW1972.com hyping the match as follows. “Stepping up in his place will be Satoshi Kojima. Saying to KENTA at Korakuen Hall that ’˜this aging 50 year old can still go like hell’, Kojima struck with a Koji Cutter to KENTA on December 23, throwing his hat into the US briefcase ring.”
Result – KENTA took the win after hitting the Go 2 Sleep. KENTA will now go on to face Jon Moxley for the United States Championship.
Wrestle Kingdom Night 1
Here’s the full card for Night 1 of Wrestle Kingdom 15 in the Tokyo Dome.
- IWGP Heavyweight and Intercontinental Championship Match ’“ Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Kota Ibushi
- Kazuchika Okada vs. Will Ospreay
- Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. The Great-O-Khan.
- IWGP US Championship Right To Challenge Contract Match ’“ KENTA (h) vs. Satoshi Kojima
- IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Title Match ’“ Zack Sabre Jr. and Taichi vs. Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa (Guerillas of Destiny)
- Hiromu Takahashi vs. El Phantasmo
- (Pre-Show) The New Japan Rambo
Here’s the International Start Times for Night 1:
- Jan 3 11:00 pm (PST)
- 2:00 am (EST)
- 7:00 am (GMT)
Also Check Out:
- Kota Ibushi on Winning at Wrestle Kingdom ’“ ‘I Really Could Become God At That Point’
- Jay White ’“ ‘I’ve Been In Japan Too Long. I’m Taking Those Belts and Going Home’
- Former Premier League Footballer at 200/1 To Win The WWE Royal Rumble
- Tetsuya Naito Talks Criticisms of His ’˜Dangerous’ In-Ring Style
- Katsuyori Shibata’s In-Ring Status and NJPW LA Dojo
- Kevin Kelly Confirms That NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 15 Will Still Go Ahead