We’re just one day away from Wrestle Kingdom. The traditional January 4th Tokyo Dome show is the biggest in New Japan’s calendar, and this year Wrestle Kingdom has been split into 2 days. This has only happened on one previous occasion, and this year’s iteration of the event will see the IWGP Heavyweight and Intercontinental Championship being defended on both nights.
Kota Ibushi will be facing Tetsuya Naito on Night 1 of WK 15 for the IWGP Heavyweight and Intercontinental Championships. Ibushi had previously earned the right to this match by winning the 2020 G1 Climax; however he subsequently lost to Jay White at Power Struggle 2020, meaning thatÂ officiallyÂ he had lost the right to challenge for the belts at Wrestle Kingdom.
Night 1 will also see the huge singles match between Kazuchika Okada and Will Ospreay. The former stablemates in CHAOS will be looking to bring it in Ospreay’s biggest match of his career.
Wrestle Kingdom Night 1
Here’s the current card for Night 1 of Wrestle Kingdom 15 in the Tokyo Dome.
- IWGP Heavyweight and Intercontinental Championship MatchÂ ’“ Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Kota Ibushi
- Kazuchika Okada vs. Will Ospreay
- Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. The Great-O-Khan.
- IWGP US Championship Right To Challenge Contract MatchÂ ’“ KENTA (h) vs. Satoshi Kojima
- IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Title MatchÂ ’“ Zack Sabre Jr. and Taichi vs. Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa
- Hiromu Takahashi vs. El Phantasmo
- (Pre-Show) The New Japan Rambo
Here’s the International Start Times for Night 1:
- Jan 3 11:00 pm (PST)
- 2:00 am (EST)
- 7:00 am (GMT)
Also Check Out:
- Kota Ibushi on Winning at Wrestle Kingdom ’“ ‘I Really Could Become God At That Point’
- Jay White ’“ ‘I’ve Been In Japan Too Long. I’m Taking Those Belts and Going Home’
- Former Premier League Footballer at 200/1 To Win The WWE Royal Rumble
- Tetsuya Naito Talks Criticisms of His ’˜Dangerous’ In-Ring Style