Matchroom Boxing has confirmed that Josh Warrington has vacated the IBF Title. We were sent the following press release by Matchroom earlier today:
Josh Warrington (Matchroom Press Release)
Josh Warrington has today vacated his IBF World Title after the IBF refused to sanction his proposed unification fight in April.
Earlier this month, the proposed mega fight with Xu Can was delayed with a new working date of April 24. Matchroom will now look to finalise that fight or make a giant match up with WBC king Gary Russell. Both the Can and Russell fights would be for the coveted Ring Magazine belt.
‘It’s so important for Josh to be in a mega fight after Lara on February 13,’ said Matchroom Sport Managing Director Eddie Hearn. ‘He has his heart set on the Ring belt and it’s up to us to make the Can or Russell fights for April or early May. I’ve been working hard with Robert Diaz of Golden Boy to close Xu Can and also had several conversations with Luis De Cubas regarding a Gary Russell bout – both fights are Fight of the Year contenders.’
‘It’s disappointing we couldn’t have the IBF Title on the line, but I can’t let those decisions stand in the way of me going down in British boxing history by facing the very best in the division,’ said Warrington. ‘I’ve always dreamt about winning the Ring belt, for me it leaves no doubt who the king of the division is. Right now, my mind and focus is on Lara for February 13 and then I’m looking to pick up that beautiful red and blue belt.’
Warrington will face Mauricio Lara on Saturday February 13 live onÂ Sky SportsÂ in the UK and onÂ DAZNÂ in the U.S. and more than 200 countries and territories.
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
Fighter Fans is proud to be sponsored by the following MMA and Boxing brands:
- Venom Drip Combat Sportswear ’“ Founded in 2011 in Central California. Venom Drip Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand. Geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
- Sidekick Boxing ’“ Developed by the company founder, Daniel Knight; who is a black belt in kickboxing and a team of manufacturing experts of over 20 years; Sidekick has rapidly earned a name of high quality kickboxing equipment with a real stylish look to hit the market. This success of our equipment grew us naturally into other combat sports and Sidekick became the equipment sponsor to many prestigious kickboxing and MMA promotions.
Also Check Out:
- EZwork Boxing ’“ Anthony Joshua Will VACATE If Usyk Stops Tyson Fury Fight!?
- Teofimo Lopez Ranks The Top 5 In The Lightweight Division
- Manny Pacquiao Says That Conor McGregor Is ’˜Next’
- Evander Holyfield Compares Ex-NFL Player To Deontay Wilder
- Oscar De La Hoya Talks Gennadiy Golovkin Comments ’“ ‘He’s Got To Protect His Own Image’
- Spencer Oliver ’“ ‘If There’s One Super Middleweight Who Could Test Canelo? It’s Billy Joe Saunders’