The anticipated Bantamweight bout between Pedro Munhoz and Jimmie Rivera will still be going ahead; the fight has now been pushed to UFC 258, meaning that it may now not be taking place on UFC’s Fight Island.
MMA Fighting recent confirmed that UFC plans on making a change to the fight’s date. Although not confirmed publicly by the company, the fight will move from the January 20th card to February 13th at UFC 258. An actual location for 258 has not yet been confirmed or revealed by UFC.
Munhoz and Rivera first clashed at a UFC Fight Night event back in November 2015. That fight took place in Sao Paulo, Brazil, with Rivera defeating Munhoz via split decision. This fight was Rivera’s second in the octagon for UFC.
Coming into this fight Pedro Munhoz is on a two-fight losing streak. After knocking out Cody Garbrandt at UFC 235 he went on to lose back-to-back decisions against Aljamain SterlingÂ andÂ Frankie Edgar.
Jimmie Rivera comes into the fight having just ended the first losing streak of his career. Rivera took a unanimous decision win against Cody Stamann on UFC’s ESPN 13 show back in July 2020. ‘El Terror’ currently has seven wins in the UFC octagon; including successful bouts against Thomas Almeida, Urijah Faber and John Dodson.
Venom Drip Combat Clothing
Fighter Fans is proud to be sponsored by the following MMA and Boxing brand:
- Venom Drip Combat Sportswear ’“ Founded in 2011 in Central California, Venom Drip Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
Also Check Out:
- Matt Serra Talks How a Sports Phycologist Helped George St Pierre Beat Him
- Brendan Schaub ’“ ‘Anyone Criticising UFC During The Pandemic Needs To Get Out of The Sport’
- Miranda Maverick Talks Wanting To Make More Money In The UFC
- Leon Edwards Says He Offered To Fight Magny or Chiesa at UFC Fight Island 8
- Kamaru Usman vs. Gilbert Burns Set For UFC 258