Aljamain Sterling will be challenging for the UFC Bantamweight Championship this weekend at UFC 259. Sterling will have to beat Petr Yan if he wants to become the division’s undisputed Champion.
Speaking to MMA Fighting, Aljamain Sterling stated that Petr Yan has to ‘prove a point’ in their fight. ‘I do think he has to legitimize himself and he has to beat me,’ Sterling told MMA Fighting. ‘I can’t see anybody else who can do that for him. I’ve beaten just about everybody in this weight class or fought everybody in this weight class just to get to this position.”
Aljamain Sterling on Petr Yan’s Record
“I’ve had 13 UFC fights, this is going to be my 14th fight” Sterling continued. “[I’m] finally getting the title shot. He’s had seven fights and the guys he’s fought, in terms of the calibre of opponents, I’ve been in that top five gauntlet for quite a bit now.’
‘I know he’s a bad dude” Sterling continued. “But at the end of the day, he’s beaten up a lot of old men and he has to beat a young lion still. I think for him he wants to prove this more than anything and I think that’s his driving factor. To prove he really is the champion. For me, it’s to prove he’s been the paper champ this entire time and the real champ was the guy who fought Cory Sandhagen and finished the fight in under two minutes.’
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
- Venom Drip Combat Sportswear ’“ Founded in 2011 in Central California. Venom Drip Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand. Geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
Also Check Out:
- Dana White Says If You Don’t Respect Usman You ‘Don’t Know Fighting’
- UFC 258 ’“ Polyana Viana Wins With Nasty Armbar Submission (VIDEO)
- Dana White Goes on The Offensive Again Against Illegal Streamers
- Justin Gaethje ’“ ‘What The F*ck Has Oliveira Done To Get a Title Shot?’
- Dana White Weighs In on Gina Carano Controversy
- Bellator MMA PPV Events To Be Shown on BBC iPlayer
- Paige VanZant Says That Next Fight News Will Be ‘Coming Soon’