Aljamain Sterling won the UFC Bantamweight Championship over the weekend at UFC 259. Sterling defeated Petr Yan after an illegal knee was hit by the former Champion Yan. When Sterling was unable to further compete, the fight was ruled as finished due to the illegal knee to a downed opponent.
Since the event, there have been questions regarding Aljamain Sterling’s conduct post fight. There’s absolutely no question that the knee hit Sterling and caused at the very least a concussion, it was an illegal knee and rightly Petr Yan was disqualified. Several fans, critics and even fighters have questioned Aljamain Sterling and have said that he was ‘acting’ to get the disqualification.
Coach Questions Aljamain Sterling
Petr Yan’s coach Marcos DaMatta recently questioned the actions of Aljamain Sterling following the fight; especially as he took part in an interview with Joe Rogan post fight.
‘Wait a second. If you have a concussion, if you’re not able to continue to fight, are you really thinking about all that inside of the cage?’ DaMatta stated. ‘I mean, that got me confused. I don’t know if Aljo was thinking all of that inside of the cage when he was still down or he was thinking of that now. Again, I respect Aljamain Sterling and his coaches. I went to his corner and apologized because I know Petr made a mistake, and I’m not denying that. But hold on, what’s the truth? Did you really think all of that inside the cage or afterwards? I don’t know. It all comes down to let’s book the rematch soon.’
credit to MMANews for the transcription
You can check out our views on the situation via the video below:
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
- Venom Drip Combat Sportswear ’“ Founded in 2011 in Central California. Venom Drip Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand. Geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
Also Check Out:
- Juliana Pena Keeps Calling Out UFC GOAT Amanda Nunes
- Daniel Cormier ’“ ‘Jon Jones Is The World’s Best Light Heavyweight’
- Dana White Says Israel Adesanya Should ‘Focus on Middleweight’
- Aljamain Sterling To Trolls ’“ ‘Cool Your Tits, You Guys Aren’t Doctors’
- Monster Energy Responds To Allegations Made By Dominick Cruz
- Henry Cejudo Apologises To Bantamweight Champion Aljamain Sterling
- Max Holloway Talks Not Getting Khabib Nurmagomedov Fight