Anthony ‘Rumble’ Johnson recently appeared on The Spaniard ShowÂ podcast hosted byÂ Charlie Brenneman. Johnson discussed a number of topics during the podcast, including his Bellator debut that takes place on April 16th. The former UFC fighter will be taking on Yoel Romero at Bellator 257 in the opening round of the BellatorÂ Light HeavyweightÂ World Grand Prix.
During the interview, Anthony Johnson revealed his excitement to ‘start over’ with the Bellator promotion. ‘Signing with Bellator it was just a new beginning for me,’ Johnson stated. ‘I had a lot of fun in UFC, I give all of my credit for the most part to the UFC because the world wouldn’t know who Rumble Johnson was or is if it wasn’t for UFC. So I give all of them credit. I wish we all could be getting them fat checks like the NFL players and the NBA players, but it is what it is, I’m a always preach that.’
Anthony Johnson on Bellator vs UFC
Johnson also mentioned that he believes Bellator can ‘compete’ with the UFC in terms of talent on their roster. ‘I’m just ready to go and fight,’ Johnson said. ‘I look forward to the competition that’s out there. I think we can compete with the UFC with what we have. A lot of people think that just because the Bellator promotion isn’t what the UFC promotion is that the fighters aren’t the same calibre, and there’s always levels to everything. Every business, every promotion. But Bellator is no joke.”
credit to MMAfighting for the transcription
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
- MANSCAPED ’“ We are absolutely ecstatic to announce that Fighter Fans has joined with MANSCAPEDâ„¢ to offer our readers 20% off and FREE SHIPPING on all orders! MANSCAPEDâ„¢ the best in men’s below-the-waist grooming. MANSCAPEDâ„¢ offers precision-engineered tools for your family jewels. Go to http://manscaped.com/ and get 20% off + free shipping with our link: manscaped.com/fighterfans #manscapedpod
- Venom Drip Combat Sportswear ’“ Founded in 2011 in Central California. Venom Drip Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand. Geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
Also Check Out:
- Dana White Says If You Don’t Respect Usman You ‘Don’t Know Fighting’
- UFC 258 ’“ Polyana Viana Wins With Nasty Armbar Submission (VIDEO)
- Dana White Goes on The Offensive Again Against Illegal Streamers
- Justin Gaethje ’“ ‘What The F*ck Has Oliveira Done To Get a Title Shot?’
- Dana White Weighs In on Gina Carano Controversy
- Bellator MMA PPV Events To Be Shown on BBC iPlayer