When Leon Edwards made his UFC return back on March 13, he wasn’t expecting for the fight to end via a no contest. Unfortunately, when Belal Muhammad was unable to continue due to an accidental eye poke? That was the case.
In a massive shock, Nate Diaz will be returning to the UFC to face the aforementioned Leon Edwards. Diaz announced the news earlier this week, saying that he is coming into the Welterweight division to take on the Englishman.
’Check me out may 15th I’ll be headlining #ufc262 in Houston, Texas’ Nate Diaz wrote on Twitter. ‘It’ll also have the new UFC lightweight title fight on the card. I need people to know these guys are they’ve been working very hard and I can’t wait to see who gets my old crown. I’ll see you guys there!’
Belal Muhammad on Leon Edwards Rematch
Belal Muhammad has now reacted to missing out on the rematch he was hoping for against Leon Edwards. ‘I’ll stay ready’ the Welterweight fighter posted on Twitter.
Muhammad also thanked MMA writer Damon Martin who supported Belal. “One person I do feel bad for in this situation is @bullyb170” Martin began. “Hopefully the UFC rewards him with a higher ranked opponent for his next fight. There are definitely options out there for him. #UFC“
Also Check Out:
- Demetrious Johnson Talks Being Referred To as The MMA GOAT
- Luke Rockhold RIPS Into Dana White for ’˜Mafioso’ Negotiation Tactics
- Conor McGregor Says That The UFC Should Make a ‘McGregor Belt’
- Michael Chandler Says He Expects Conor McGregor To Be His Next Fight