UFC star and one half of the Fight Night on ABC card Main Event Calvin Kattar recently appeared on theÂ DC & Helwani podcast.
The Featherweight fighter would discuss a number of topics during the show. Host of the show Ariel Helwani would ask Kattar how he feels heading into the main event of UFC Fight Night on ABC, with some critics saying that Max Holloway was ‘past it’ before he faced Alexander Volkanovski for the second time and looked better than ever.
Calvin Kattar on Max Holloway
“Critics love jumping on a guy early” Calvin Kattar began on the podcast. “Is he losing a step? No. I plan on fighting the best Max Holloway, [preparing for him] to step in there. That is the only way to prepare for a guy.”
“Just like they prepare for the Patriots, right?” Calvin Kattar continued. “It’s always the Super Bowl when you’re playing the Patriots. That’s no matter where in the season you play them. I know Max is going to be the best Max stepping in there, and he’s hungry, he’s looking to get back to that championship belt.”
Kattar then finished by saying that he is well prepared to fight Holloway, saying HE will get ‘the best’ Calvin Kattar. “But, you know, he’s got me in front of him now. There’s a lot of talk of the champion and this and that. He’s gonna be fighting the best Calvin Kattar as well, so it’s gonna make for a great fight. It’s on ABC, there’s title implications on the line. I’m excited.”
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
Fighter Fans is proud to be sponsored by the following MMA and Boxing brands:
- Venom Drip Combat Sportswear ’“ Founded in 2011 in Central California. Venom Drip Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand. Geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
- Sidekick Boxing ’“ Developed by the company founder, Daniel Knight; who is a black belt in kickboxing and a team of manufacturing experts of over 20 years; Sidekick has rapidly earned a name of high quality kickboxing equipment with a real stylish look to hit the market. This success of our equipment grew us naturally into other combat sports and Sidekick became the equipment sponsor to many prestigious kickboxing and MMA promotions.
Also Check Out:
- Michael Chandler Talks Using The ’˜Mike Tyson’ Strategy
- Cris ’˜Cyborg’ Santos Open To Fighting Kayla Harrison
- Charles Oliveira Plans To Call Out Winner Of Poirier McGregor
- Michael Chandler ’“ ‘I Don’t Think Conor McGregor Gets The Credit That He Deserves’
- Brendan Schaub on Anthony Pettis ’“ ‘What Does a PFL Championship Really Do For You?’
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Tom Aspinall Confirmed for UFC Fight Night