UFC Lightweight fighter Charles Oliveira recently spoke to MMAFighting and said that the UFC matchmakers should be putting him in the cage with Dustin Poirier. Poirier of course defeated Conor McGregor this past weekend at UFC 257 via TKO in the second round and put himself in contention for a potential Lightweight title fight.
“That’s the fight to make” Oliveira stated during the interview. “Dustin Poirier himself said this is the fight to make. I’m coming off eight straight wins, and I’m not playing games in the division, and he knows that.”
Charles Oliveira on Tony Ferguson
“What’s left? There’s nowhere to go” Charles Oliveira continued. “The UFC gave me Tony Ferguson on 20 days’ notice, ‘The Boogeyman,’ and you all saw what happened. They put Dustin Poirier against Conor McGregor – everybody knows how important [McGregor] is for the promotion – and look what Dustin Poirier did. Don’t we deserve this title fight? This is the fight to make.”
Oliveira finished by praising Poirier. “Dustin Poirier is really tough on the feet and on the ground,” Oliveira stated. “Everybody knows I’m evolving on the feet, and I don’t shy away from trading with anyone. But also everybody knows how dangerous I am when I take people down. I respect everyone, but this is my moment and my time. I’ll be the UFC champion in 2021. Knockout or submission, it doesn’t matter, my hands will be raised in the end.”
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
Fighter Fans is proud to be sponsored by the following MMA and Boxing brands:
- Venom Drip Combat Sportswear – Founded in 2011 in Central California. Venom Drip Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand. Geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
- Sidekick Boxing – Developed by the company founder, Daniel Knight; who is a black belt in kickboxing and a team of manufacturing experts of over 20 years; Sidekick has rapidly earned a name of high quality kickboxing equipment with a real stylish look to hit the market. This success of our equipment grew us naturally into other combat sports and Sidekick became the equipment sponsor to many prestigious kickboxing and MMA promotions.
Also Check Out:
- Paige VanZant on Fighter’s UFC Pay – “I Feel That We Do Need To Be Compensated More”
- UFC Fight Night – Magny vs Chiesa on ESPN+ Live Results (20/01)
- Jon Anik – “I Was Shaking After The Holloway/Kattar Fight”
- Daniel Cormier – “It’s More On The Corner To Stop That Fight”
- Dana White Says That He Will Have Another Meeting With Khabib