UFC Lightweight Superstar Conor McGregor recently appeared on the Weighing In podcast. The Irish fighter would discuss a number of topics during the show, including the Lightweight Title and his upcoming fight with Dustin Poirier at UFC 257.
“I believe they’ll offer me the title shot after this [the Poirier fight]” McGregor began on the podcast. “In reality? [This fight] could be, it could be now, you know? It probably should be now. Dustin’s certainly atop this division, he sparked Justin [Gaethje], he knocked Justin out.”
“And I believe he would beat [Charles] Oliveira also, so I feel it should be for a title now” Conor McGregor would continue. “It’s no problem that it’s not though. I don’t, like I said to someone else, I don’t think Dana would have given me the title shot straight away, you know, a title opportunity straight away, especially the way things were between us.”
Conor McGregor on ‘Earning’ Title Shot
Conor McGregor would then finish by saying that he plans on ‘earning’ his way to the UFC Lightweight title fight. “I will get in and I will earn my way and do what I gotta do. I believe the lightweight title will be next.”
An interesting wrinkle to this story is that Khabib may be returning to the Octagon. Dana White announced during the ABC Fight Night card that the meeting between him and the Lightweight Champion left his career trajectory up in the air. ‘I’m going to watch the two lightweight fights at 257″ White claimed Khabib said to him. “If these guys do something spectacular and make me want to come back and fight? I’ll fight.'”
Balls in your court Conor McGregor.
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
Fighter Fans is proud to be sponsored by the following MMA and Boxing brands:
- Venom Drip Combat Sportswear ’“ Founded in 2011 in Central California. Venom Drip Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand. Geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
- Sidekick Boxing ’“ Developed by the company founder, Daniel Knight; who is a black belt in kickboxing and a team of manufacturing experts of over 20 years; Sidekick has rapidly earned a name of high quality kickboxing equipment with a real stylish look to hit the market. This success of our equipment grew us naturally into other combat sports and Sidekick became the equipment sponsor to many prestigious kickboxing and MMA promotions.
Also Check Out:
- BREAKING: Khabib Nurmagomedov Confirms He Wants To See ’˜Something Spectacular’ To Return To UFC
- Max Holloway on Conor McGregor Rematch ’“ ‘He Knows I’m Only a Call Away’
- UFC Fight Night on ABC 1 Live Results
- UFC Fight Night on ABC ’“ Fight Card, Betting Odds
- Calvin Kattar ’“ ‘I’m Planning on Fighting The Best Max Holloway’