In what was a shock to oddsmakers, Conor McGregor lost against Dustin Poirier at this weekend’s UFC 257 card. The Lightweight fight between the 2nd and 4th rated fighters was a hotly anticipated rematch from their bout back in 2014.
Speaking after the fight, Dana White stated that he believes Conor could now go one of two ways; come back hungrier (using a Rocky 3 analogy) or hanging up the gloves.
“I don’t know where I’m at to be honest” Conor McGregor said in the post fight interview. “I’ll certainly regroup, regroup and pick myself up. Get up off the floor and go again and that’s it. Styles make fights, there’s many great stylistic matchups out there.”
Conor McGregor on Trilogy Fights
“I mean myself and Dustin are one and one” McGregor continued. “Myself and Nate [Diaz] are one and one, you know? There’s many good matchups for me. I’ll adopt a different approach for the Dustin trilogy fight. Because those leg kicks are not to be messed with, that calf kick, the low calf kick? I’ve never experienced that and it just…it was a good one.”
Conor McGregor then finished by saying that there was a lot in his arsenal he didn’t get to show at UFC 257. “It’s not that I haven’t got the styling in me to switch it over and keep that kick at bay. I have a lot more weapons that I didn’t get the show, it wasn’t my night, it wasn’t a great night but again no excuses, hats off to Dustin. And, you know I’ll regroup and pick myself up. I look forward to going back home now, seeing the kids and just taking the licks man.”
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
Fighter Fans is proud to be sponsored by the following MMA and Boxing brands:
- Venom Drip Combat Sportswear ’“ Founded in 2011 in Central California. Venom Drip Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand. Geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
- Sidekick Boxing ’“ Developed by the company founder, Daniel Knight; who is a black belt in kickboxing and a team of manufacturing experts of over 20 years; Sidekick has rapidly earned a name of high quality kickboxing equipment with a real stylish look to hit the market. This success of our equipment grew us naturally into other combat sports and Sidekick became the equipment sponsor to many prestigious kickboxing and MMA promotions.
Also Check Out:
- Paige VanZant on Fighter’s UFC Pay ’“ ‘I Feel That We Do Need To Be Compensated More’
- UFC Fight Night ’“ Magny vs Chiesa on ESPN+ Live Results (20/01)
- Jon Anik ’“ ‘I Was Shaking After The Holloway/Kattar Fight’
- Daniel Cormier ’“ ‘It’s More On The Corner To Stop That Fight’
- Dana White Says That He Will Have Another Meeting With Khabib