UFC Superstar Conor McGregor recently took to Instagram to address his recent UFC 257 loss against Dustin Poirier. McGregor was TKO’d in the second round after a dominating performance by Poirier; with calf kicks to McGregor completely taking away his base. Poirier then bombarded the Irish fighter with strikes that eventually took him down.
“Some highlights from my last fight” Conor McGregor began on Instagram. “What a trilogy I now have on my hands. Exciting!
With a handle on the leg kicks I will get back to having fun in there. I was in second gear cruising this fight. Best condition I’ve ever been in. After the wrestling and clinch exchanges my shots still held their pop. First time for me with this so I am very encouraged to keep going. It was the first time I did not use/nor need the stool between rounds also. I did need the stool after though, that’s for sure.”
Conor McGregor on Dustin Poirier
“Thoughts on the bout: I enjoyed racking up some more time inside the famed UFC Octagon” McGregor continued. “40 seconds in 3 years is all I’d had up to this bout. I was savouring very second and enjoying my work. A little single disciplined in my approach and stance with mostly boxing. It’s what I get for picking this bout and opponent as a precursor to a boxing match against Pacman. I deserved to get the legs kicked off me going in with this thinking. This is not the game to play around with. Besides this though, my shots where sharp and I was in full control.”
Conor McGregor then finished by describing exactly how Poirier outclassed him with the leg attacks. “Albeit the leg attacks where building up on me throughout the course. 18 in total thrown at me, with the final one buckling my leg fully, that was that. The peroneal nerve compromised. Fascinating! First time to experience it. Then a tremendous finishing flurry by my opponent. Hats off! A well fought fight by The Diamond. 1 a piece now with a Trilogy bout for all the marbles! Wow! Exciting! Not a trilogy I was expecting, nor the tactical affair I was anticipating, but I’d be lying if I said this wasn’t meant to be. This is exactly how this was always meant to be! Buzzing!”
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
- MANSCAPED ’“ We are absolutely ecstatic to announce that Fighter Fans has joined with MANSCAPEDâ„¢ to offer our readers 20% off and FREE SHIPPING on all orders! MANSCAPEDâ„¢ the best in men’s below-the-waist grooming. MANSCAPEDâ„¢ offers precision-engineered tools for your family jewels. Go to http://manscaped.com/ and get 20% off + free shipping with our link: manscaped.com/fighterfans #manscapedpod
- Venom Drip Combat SportswearÂ ’“ Founded in 2011 in Central California.Â Venom DripÂ Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand. Geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
Also Check Out:
- REPORT: George St Pierre ’˜Preparing’ For Khabib UFC Fight
- Deiveson Figueiredo ’“ ‘I Want To Shut Up Henry Cejudo’
- Matt Brown Not Retiring Following Carlos Condit Loss
- Frankie Edgar on Fight Night ’“ ‘This Is a Number 1 Contender Fight’
- Michael Chandler Calls For UFC Dustin Poirier Fight
- Charles Oliveira ’“ ‘Dustin Poirier Is The Fight To Make’