Former UFC Light Heavyweight and Heavyweight Champion Daniel Cormier recently discussed the cancelled fight between Leon Edwards and Khamzat Chimaev.
This is actually the second time that the fight has had to be cancelled. Originally Leon Edwards had to be pulled from the Las Vegas fight 2020 due to COVID-19 complications. Chimaev had to be pulled from this second fight, again reportedly for reasons related to COVID-19 and training.
Leon Edwards has now not fought since July 2019, where he defeated Rafael dos Anjos via unanimous decision. DC’s co-host Ariel Helwani on the DC & Helwani show would say that the UFC should’ve given him a fight for January 20th. Edwards himself confirmed that he offered to fight Magny or Chiesa, the two men now in the main event of Fight Night on January 20th, but he was turned down by the UFC.
Daniel Cormier on Edwards vs Chimaev
Daniel Cormier however would state that the company needs to hold on to Edwards vs Chimaev and make sure that it happens. “I think when you got the number three guy in the world, willing to fight this kid that has taken the MMA world by storm? It’s so important. I think it’s hard to move away from it” DC would begin during the podcast.
“I’m serious man like, the more I think about it? Again I like Rocky, he’s one of my friends I, know him. But it’s like, I just feel it’s so important that this fight comes off” Cormier would continue. “Because it can answer so many questions about both of these guys that you’ve got to try to keep it together.”
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
Fighter Fans is proud to be sponsored by the following MMA and Boxing brands:
- Venom Drip Combat Sportswear ’“ Founded in 2011 in Central California. Venom Drip Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand. Geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
- Sidekick Boxing ’“ Developed by the company founder, Daniel Knight; who is a black belt in kickboxing and a team of manufacturing experts of over 20 years; Sidekick has rapidly earned a name of high quality kickboxing equipment with a real stylish look to hit the market. This success of our equipment grew us naturally into other combat sports and Sidekick became the equipment sponsor to many prestigious kickboxing and MMA promotions.
Also Check Out:
- Michael Chandler Talks Using The ’˜Mike Tyson’ Strategy
- Cris ’˜Cyborg’ Santos Open To Fighting Kayla Harrison
- Charles Oliveira Plans To Call Out Winner Of Poirier McGregor
- Michael Chandler ’“ ‘I Don’t Think Conor McGregor Gets The Credit That He Deserves’
- Brendan Schaub on Anthony Pettis ’“ ‘What Does a PFL Championship Really Do For You?’
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Tom Aspinall Confirmed for UFC Fight Night