Former MMA and Star Wars franchise star Gina Carano was recently fired by Lucafilm and Disney. Lucasfilm confirmed back in February that the former Strikeforce fighter would no longer be part of The Mandolorian series.
‘Gina Carano is not currently employed by Lucasfilm, there are no plans for her to be in the future. Nevertheless, her social media posts denigrating people based on their cultural and religious identities are abhorrent and unacceptable.’ This statement was released by Lucasfilm back in February.
Bob Chapak on Gina Carano
Carano herself said that she had been fired for her conservative beliefs. Disney CEO Bob Chapak recently spoke on the firing for the first time during a shareholders call this week. ‘I don’t really see Disney as characterizing itself as left-leaning or right-leaning. Yet as standing for values, values that are universal. Values of respect, values of decency, values of integrity and values of inclusion.”
‘And we seek to have not only, how we operate but the content that we make reflective of the rich diversity of the world that we live in” Chapek continued.
‘The thought of this happening to anybody else, especially to somebody who could not handle this the way I can, no, they don’t get to do that,’ Carano recently stated during an interview with Ben Shapiro.
‘They don’t get to make people feel like that” Gina Carano continued. “If I buckle, it’ll make it okay for these companies, who have a history of lying, to be lying and to do this to other people. They’ve done it to other people, and I’m not going down without a fight.’
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
- Venom Drip Combat Sportswear ’“ Founded in 2011 in Central California. Venom Drip Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand. Geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
Also Check Out:
- Juliana Pena Keeps Calling Out UFC GOAT Amanda Nunes
- Daniel Cormier ’“ ‘Jon Jones Is The World’s Best Light Heavyweight’
- Dana White Says Israel Adesanya Should ‘Focus on Middleweight’
- Aljamain Sterling To Trolls ’“ ‘Cool Your Tits, You Guys Aren’t Doctors’
- Monster Energy Responds To Allegations Made By Dominick Cruz
- Henry Cejudo Apologises To Bantamweight Champion Aljamain Sterling
- Max Holloway Talks Not Getting Khabib Nurmagomedov Fight
- Megan Anderson Released from UFC Following Loss at UFC 259
- Julianna PeÃ±a on Amanda Nunes ’“ ‘She Doesn’t Want To Fight Me’
- Darina Mazdyuk Set To Conquer Bellator Lightweight Division