UFC Heavyweight Francis Ngannou recently spoke to MMA Fighting and made his intention to fight Jon Jones clear.
‘It’s obviously something that everyone would love to see,’ Ngannou would begin the interview, discussing a potential Jon Jones fight. ‘If I were to say myself, I would have liked to see that fight. I wanted it to happen. If this fight would have happened? I would have been active by now. If I have two positive things, which is fighting Jon Jones, who is probably the greatest of all time, the No. 1 pound-for-pound in the world in my opinion, but the main thing I would stay active.”
Francis Ngannou on Heavyweight Division
‘Because right now, right here? It’s just lacking” Ngannou would continue. “I don’t know where I am. I don’t know what I am doing exactly. Having a fight is a good fight and having a big fight is a great thing. That’s something I’m looking forward to.’
A fight between arguably P4P one of the greatest ever in Jon Jones against the heavyweight Ngannou would be interesting. Ngannou’s heavy hits and explosive power may be able to catch Jones, who originally would fight at Light Heavyweight. Francis Ngannou however believes that Jon Jones could actually match him for power now in the Heavyweight division.
‘I think I match up pretty well with Jon Jones,’ Ngannou continued. ‘He’s gaining weight now. He seems really big and strong, but I think I match up pretty good. He has some good skills that he can match my power. It’s going to be different.’
credit to MMA Fighting for the transcription
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
Fighter Fans is proud to be sponsored by the following MMA and Boxing brands:
- Venom Drip Combat Sportswear ’“ Founded in 2011 in Central California. Venom Drip Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand. Geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
- Sidekick Boxing ’“ Developed by the company founder, Daniel Knight; who is a black belt in kickboxing and a team of manufacturing experts of over 20 years; Sidekick has rapidly earned a name of high quality kickboxing equipment with a real stylish look to hit the market. This success of our equipment grew us naturally into other combat sports and Sidekick became the equipment sponsor to many prestigious kickboxing and MMA promotions.
Also Check Out:
- Michael Chandler Talks Using The ’˜Mike Tyson’ Strategy
- Cris ’˜Cyborg’ Santos Open To Fighting Kayla Harrison
- Charles Oliveira Plans To Call Out Winner Of Poirier McGregor
- Michael Chandler ’“ ‘I Don’t Think Conor McGregor Gets The Credit That He Deserves’
- Brendan Schaub on Anthony Pettis ’“ ‘What Does a PFL Championship Really Do For You?’
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Tom Aspinall Confirmed for UFC Fight Night