UFC fighter Frankie Edgar will be appearing in the Octagon once again this Saturday. Edgar believes that a win this weekend against Cory Sandhagen would set him in good stead for a UFC Bantamweight title fight.
The 39-year-old is 23-8-1 in his MMA career, and he feels this next fight should set up the number 1 contender to the belt. “To me, this really could be a No. 1 contender fight,” Frankie Edgar stated on the “Real Quick with Mike Swick” podcast. “He’s No. 2, I’m right behind him. Aljo (Sterling) and Petr Yan just got booked, I believe March 6, so it’s a perfect time. We fight the month before these guys. See what happens with them and then hopefully the winner of ours gets the winner of that.”
Frankie Edgar on Bantamweight Division
“The ’35-pound division is really hot right now” Frankie Edgar continued. “I’ve got to go in there and make a statement. I’ve got to go in there and finish Cory if I want to get that title shot, and that’s what I’ve been working on this whole camp. Going in there, pressuring him, and really making him wilt in there and showing some experience.”
Edgar then finished by highlighting his experience in the octagon against the younger Sandhagen. “I have more experience than anybody in this game for the most part; not too many older fighters than me in the UFC right now, so I’ve got to utilize that to my best ability and make this happen.”
credit to MMANews for the transcription
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
Fighter Fans is proud to be sponsored by the following MMA and Boxing brands:
- Venom Drip Combat Sportswear – Founded in 2011 in Central California. Venom Drip Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand. Geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
Also Check Out:
- Paige VanZant on Fighter’s UFC Pay – “I Feel That We Do Need To Be Compensated More”
- UFC Fight Night – Magny vs Chiesa on ESPN+ Live Results (20/01)
- Jon Anik – “I Was Shaking After The Holloway/Kattar Fight”
- Daniel Cormier – “It’s More On The Corner To Stop That Fight”
- Dana White Says That He Will Have Another Meeting With Khabib