UFC Middleweight Champion Israel Adesanya will be challenging for the Light Heavyweight title at UFC 259. The Middleweight Champ goes up against Jan Blachowicz to try and become the next Champ Champ in the company’s history.
There had been speculation before the event that Israel Adesanya would not return to the Middleweight division if he were successful this weekend. ‘I’ll definitely go back down to 185,’ Adesanya recently told MMA Junkie. ‘I have something else in my head that might interest (me after). But definitely going back down to 185 is my goal. I want to keep my division moving.’
Israel Adesanya The Middleweight Great
The next two big fights in the Middleweight division are Darren Till vs. Marvin Vettori on April 10th and Robert Whittaker vs. Paulo Costa on April 17th. Darren Till is the only fighter in that lineup that Izzy has not beaten, and both men have stated their mutual admiration for each other’s abilities. That could be an interesting matchup if Till were to defeat Vettori on April 10th.
We will have live coverage and results for UFC 259 this Saturday as of 11pm GMT. Make sure you follow us on here for updates throughout the night!
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
- Venom Drip Combat Sportswear ’“ Founded in 2011 in Central California. Venom Drip Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand. Geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
Also Check Out:
- Dana White Says If You Don’t Respect Usman You ‘Don’t Know Fighting’
- UFC 258 ’“ Polyana Viana Wins With Nasty Armbar Submission (VIDEO)
- Dana White Goes on The Offensive Again Against Illegal Streamers
- Justin Gaethje ’“ ‘What The F*ck Has Oliveira Done To Get a Title Shot?’
- Dana White Weighs In on Gina Carano Controversy
- Bellator MMA PPV Events To Be Shown on BBC iPlayer
- Paige VanZant Says That Next Fight News Will Be ‘Coming Soon’