The UFC Middleweight Champion Israel Adesanya looks to make history at UFC 259. Adesanya will be taking on Jan Blachowicz for the Light Heavyweight Championship on March 6th. UFC President Dana White recently revealed the news to ESPN.
Since arriving in the UFC in 2018, Israel Adesanya has been completely dominant in the Middleweight division. The fighter now sits at 20-0, with wins over Robert Whittaker (UFC 243), Yoel Romero (UFC 248) and Paulo Costa (UFC 253) part of his extensive resume.
If Adesanya is successful against Blachowicz? Then he will join an extremely elite list of fighters who have held Championships in multiple weight classes simultaneously. The only other fighters to accomplish the feat are:
- Conor McGregor (Featherweight and Lightweight)
- Daniel Cormier (Light Heavyweight and Heavyweight)
- Amanda Nunes (Bantamweight and Featherweight)
- Henry Cejudo (Flyweight and Bantamweight).
Here’s the current UFC 259 card:
- UFC Light Heavyweight Title – Jan Blachowicz (c) vs. Israel Adesanya
- UFC Featherweight Title – Amanda Nunes (c) vs. Megan Anderson
- Aleksandar Rakic vs. Thiago Santos
- Dominick Cruz vs. Casey Kenney
- Askar Askarov vs. Joseph Benavidez
- Sean Brady vs. Jake Matthews
- Randy Costa vs. Trevin Jones
- Aalon Cruz vs. Uros Medic
- Tim Elliott vs. Jordan Espinosa
Also Check Out: