UFC Welterweight contender Jorge Masvidal will be challenging for the 170 pound title at UFC 261. This will be the rematch from last year’s Masvidal vs Usman encounter, however Jorge has had a lot more time to prepare for bout number 2.
Masivdal recently made a surprise appearance. The 170 pound fighter showed up, virtually, to the Jake Paul vs Ben Askren press conference.
Jake Paul Facetimed Masvidal during the press conference, with Jorge asking ‘he’s still alive?’ when he saw Ben Askren at the desk.
Jorge Masvidal vs Ben Askren
Askren of course was knocked out spectacularly by Jorge Masvidal when he hit him with an early running knee strike at UFC 239. Commenting on Masvidal’s appearance, Askren said on Twitter; “I’ve refrained for 2 years, but let’s be real Jorge. You landed the luckiest knee of your life and I made you famous.”
“You’re welcome” Ben Askren continued. “You got 50-43’d by Usman and will likely again next month. Beat it loser.”
Jorge Masvidal has now responded to this, again via Twitter. Masvidal wrote “just like when you told the whole world I was afraid to fight you and I went on to retire your ass in 5 seconds stfu. Now I’m going to fight the world champion so stfu x2 #andnew.”
UFC 261: Usman vs. Masvidal 2 will be taking place on April 24 from VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, Florida.
Also Check Out:
- Daniel Cormier Challenges WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns
- Colby Covington ’“ ‘Jake Paul Is An Embarrassment To Society’
- Belal Muhammad Talks Losing Out on Leon Edwards Rematch
- Demi Lovato Talks Training In Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- Conor McGregor Says That The UFC Should Make a ‘McGregor Belt’
- Michael Chandler Says He Expects Conor McGregor To Be His Next Fight