Julianna Pena charged head first once again into her attack on UFC champ-champ Amanda Nunes. Speaking to Ariel Helwani, Pena stated that Nunes should vacate her Bantamweight Championship if she plans on ‘never defending it.’
Amanda Nunes last defended her UFC Bantamweight title at UFC 245, defeating Germaine de Randamie via unanimous decision in December 2019.
Julianna Pena on Amanda Nunes
‘I want to fight for the title. [The bantamweight title] has not been defended for over a year” Pena began speaking to Ariel Helwani. “If you’re not going to fight, then give it up, get the F out of here and let someone else fight for it. If she wants to stay fat at 145 [pounds], do that then.”
‘All these girls who fight at 145 can make 135, I hope you know that,’ Julianna Pena said to Helwani. ‘They can make the weight. They just want to be lazy and they don’t want to cut. 135 pounds is where the fights are at. No one cares about the 145-pound division; it’s dead, it’s done.’
It was previously expected that Julianna Pena would face Holly Holm next. Holm however had to withdraw from the planned fight due to ongoing kidney complications.
credit to MMA Mania for the transcription
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
- Venom Drip Combat Sportswear ’“ Founded in 2011 in Central California. Venom Drip Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand. Geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
Also Check Out:
- Juliana Pena Keeps Calling Out UFC GOAT Amanda Nunes
- Daniel Cormier ’“ ‘Jon Jones Is The World’s Best Light Heavyweight’
- Dana White Says Israel Adesanya Should ‘Focus on Middleweight’
- Aljamain Sterling To Trolls ’“ ‘Cool Your Tits, You Guys Aren’t Doctors’
- Monster Energy Responds To Allegations Made By Dominick Cruz
- Henry Cejudo Apologises To Bantamweight Champion Aljamain Sterling
- Max Holloway Talks Not Getting Khabib Nurmagomedov Fight