It has been confirmed that Julianna Pena will be facing Amanda Nunes at UFC 265. The contest will be for the Women’s Bantamweight Title on August 7, and Julianna Pena has been begging for this fight for quite some time.
Reacting on Instagram, Pena simply wrote “LFG!! August 7 #nunesvspeÃ±a #peÃ±apower #ufc #wmma.”
Recently speaking to Ariel Helwani, Pena stated that Nunes should vacate her Bantamweight Championship if she plans on ’˜never defending it.’
Julianna Pena on Amanda Nunes
‘I want to fight for the title. [The bantamweight title] has not been defended for over a year’ Pena began speaking to Ariel Helwani. ‘If you’re not going to fight, then give it up, get the F out of here and let someone else fight for it. If she wants to stay fat at 145 [pounds], do that then.’
‘All these girls who fight at 145 can make 135, I hope you know that,’ Julianna Pena said to Helwani. ‘They can make the weight. They just want to be lazy and they don’t want to cut.”
“135 pounds is where the fights are at” Pena concluded. “No one cares about the 145-pound division; it’s dead, it’s done.’
It looks like Julianna Pena will now be getting her wish, at Bantamweight.
Also Check Out:
- Tony Ferguson STILL Wants Khabib Nurmagomedov Fight
- Conor McGregor Sexual Assault Case Dropped by French Authorities
- Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier 3 Finally Made Official
- Valentina Shevchenko Talks Jake Paul vs Ben Askren
- Floyd Mayweather Meets With Dana White and RIZIN CEO
- Amanda Ribas Reportedly Making UFC Return in May
- Beneil Dariush Says That He Plans To ’˜Out-Crazy’ Tony Ferguson