Former Mixed Martial Artist Kenny Florian recently discussed the upcoming UFC bout between Calvin Kattar and Max Holloway. UFC Fight Night: Holloway vs. Kattar will be taking place on January 16th from Fight Island in Abu Dhabi.
“It’s a tremendous main event” Florian would begin on the Anik & Florian podcast. “If there’s a guy who can finish this fight? In my opinion it’s Calvin Kattar. I think he’s the guy with the power, I think if he’s able to pressure Max Holloway, and find his range early? I think that will suit him very well.”
“However, Max Holloway has a lot of tricks up his sleeve man” Kenny Florian would continue. “You know this is a guy that really should be the champion in my opinion. I thought that he certainly lost the first fight against [Alexander] Volkanovski, but I did think he won the second fight against Volkanovski.”
Kenny Florian on Max Holloway
Florian would then discuss how Holloway changed his tactical style for the second fight with Volkanovski. “He made the right adjustments. He was moving his feet, he was using all his weapons instead of just utilising his boxing. And to me? It was a Max Holloway that looked better than ever. If that’s the Max Holloway that shows up Saturday night? I expect Max Holloway to win this fight against Kattar, as much as I love Kattar!”
Kenny Florian would finish by saying why he thinks Holloway will win, but stated that Kattar does have the ability to knock out the former UFC Featherweight Champion. “I think that Kattar sometimes tends to rely a little bit too much on his boxing” Florian continued. “Against a super experienced fighter, former champion like a Max Holloway? I’m not sure that’s gonna be enough. If he’s able to catch up and follow up? I do think he could potentially finish Holloway. I do think Kattar has excellent power, he’s big for the division. However, I don’t think Holloway is going to give him too many of those chances, so he has to be very careful.”
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
Fighter Fans is proud to be sponsored by the following MMA and Boxing brands:
- Venom Drip Combat Sportswear ’“ Founded in 2011 in Central California. Venom Drip Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand. Geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
- Sidekick Boxing ’“ Developed by the company founder, Daniel Knight; who is a black belt in kickboxing and a team of manufacturing experts of over 20 years; Sidekick has rapidly earned a name of high quality kickboxing equipment with a real stylish look to hit the market. This success of our equipment grew us naturally into other combat sports and Sidekick became the equipment sponsor to many prestigious kickboxing and MMA promotions.
Also Check Out:
- Michael Chandler Talks Using The ’˜Mike Tyson’ Strategy
- Cris ’˜Cyborg’ Santos Open To Fighting Kayla Harrison
- Charles Oliveira Plans To Call Out Winner Of Poirier McGregor
- Michael Chandler ’“ ‘I Don’t Think Conor McGregor Gets The Credit That He Deserves’
- Brendan Schaub on Anthony Pettis ’“ ‘What Does a PFL Championship Really Do For You?’
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Tom Aspinall Confirmed for UFC Fight Night