UFC star Max Holloway recently appeared on the DC & Helwani show. The man dubbed by many as the greatest Featherweight fighter ever would discuss a number of topics during his time on the podcast.
One of the topics brought up by Ariel Helwani was Holloway’s Twitch streaming and love of gaming. Helwani would ask Holloway if he had plans to go further down that route when he retires from MMA. “For sure, you know? We can’t fight forever. We can’t fight forever and I don’t want to be remembered as just a fighter, ‘just’ Max The Fighter” Holloway would begin on the podcast.
“I want to be a guy who is an entrepreneur and when it comes that time to actually retire? Get away from the sport? I want to be that guy who has stuff” Max Holloway would continue. “So I don’t get that itch to come back.”
Max Holloway on DC
Holloway then discussed the post fight career of Daniel Cormier, saying how he has projects to stop from getting the ‘itch’ to return to fighting. “Look what DC did. DC don’t have the itch to come back because he’s got a show” Holloway continued. “He (Cormier) does detail, like he had things planned already [before retirement].”
“If you want to be successful retired person in any type of sport? Especially if you get to the top level at that sport? you got to have plans you know?” Holloway stated. “You learn from Kobe [Bryant] you know? Listen to Kobe and what he did and everything he had, just to make sure that itch was already getting scratched from something else so he don’t think of going back to the sport he has playing.”
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
Fighter Fans is proud to be sponsored by the following MMA and Boxing brands:
- Venom Drip Combat Sportswear ’“ Founded in 2011 in Central California. Venom Drip Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand. Geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
- Sidekick Boxing ’“ Developed by the company founder, Daniel Knight; who is a black belt in kickboxing and a team of manufacturing experts of over 20 years; Sidekick has rapidly earned a name of high quality kickboxing equipment with a real stylish look to hit the market. This success of our equipment grew us naturally into other combat sports and Sidekick became the equipment sponsor to many prestigious kickboxing and MMA promotions.
Also Check Out:
- Michael Chandler Talks Using The ’˜Mike Tyson’ Strategy
- Cris ’˜Cyborg’ Santos Open To Fighting Kayla Harrison
- Charles Oliveira Plans To Call Out Winner Of Poirier McGregor
- Michael Chandler ’“ ‘I Don’t Think Conor McGregor Gets The Credit That He Deserves’
- Brendan Schaub on Anthony Pettis ’“ ‘What Does a PFL Championship Really Do For You?’
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Tom Aspinall Confirmed for UFC Fight Night