Now former UFC fighter Megan Anderson has left the UFC. Anderson’s contract was not renewed by the company following her Featherweight Championship fight against Amanda Nunes at UFC 259 over the weekend.
Megan Anderson confirmed during a recent Twitch stream that she was no longer contracted to the promotion; whilst also stating that the UFC Women’s Featherweight Division would be coming to an end.
MMA Fighting recently refuted this claim, saying “multiple sources denied the UFC had any plans to get rid of the featherweight division. After Nunes’ dominant win this past weekend atÂ UFC 259, UFC PresidentÂ Dana WhiteÂ stated the weight class would stay around as long as she wanted to defend the title at 145 pounds.”
Megan Anderson Leaves UFC
Either way, Megan Anderson will now need to look elsewhere if she wants to continue her career in MMA. Anderson amassed a 3-3 record since joining the promotion back in 2018, following a successful career at the Invicta promotion. Megan Anderson lost two of her first three fights, with a one-sided defeat at the hands of Holly Holm in her debut.
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
- Venom Drip Combat SportswearÂ ’“ Founded in 2011 in Central California.Â Venom DripÂ Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand. Geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
Also Check Out:
- Juliana Pena Keeps Calling Out UFC GOAT Amanda Nunes
- Daniel Cormier ’“ ‘Jon Jones Is The World’s Best Light Heavyweight’
- Dana White Says Israel Adesanya Should ‘Focus on Middleweight’
- Aljamain Sterling To Trolls ’“ ‘Cool Your Tits, You Guys Aren’t Doctors’
- Monster Energy Responds To Allegations Made By Dominick Cruz
- Henry Cejudo Apologises To Bantamweight Champion Aljamain Sterling
- Max Holloway Talks Not Getting Khabib Nurmagomedov Fight