Former interim-Lightweight Champion Tony Ferguson recently commented on the fight career of recently ‘retired’ Khabib Nurmagomedov.
Khabib has gone 29-0 in his mixed martial arts career, defeating the likes of Conor McGregor, Michael Johnson, Justin Gaethje and Dustin Poirier. However, Ferguson believes that Khabib has a ‘padded’ record, helping him get to the undefeated twenty-nine fight win streak.
Tony Ferguson on Khabib’s Record
Ferguson wrote the following on Instagram regarding Khabib’s record:
‘Ahhh Khabieber’s (Khabib’s) record’¦ facts: more than half of fatheads professional fights were only two round sanctioned bouts” Ferguson would begin. “All before UFC. To be professional fights in most leagues? There must be three sanctioned rounds, to be considered professional.”
‘Fight leagues such [as] UFC & farm league. The three by two round TUF (The Ultimate Fighter) fights should count on my record. If that’s the case” Ferguson continued. “Give me three more knockouts & victories on my record.’
Tony Ferguson himself has a 25-5 record. Ferguson’s recent loss to Charles Oliveira appears to have moved him down the pecking order in UFC’s Lightweight significantly. A fight between Khabib and Tony has long since been a wish of fight fans, however after his recent loss? It looks as though we may not get Ferguson vs Nurmagomedov, as Khabib returning would likely mean a fight against the aforementioned Oliveira, McGregor or Poirier.
Khabib will be meeting with UFC President Dana White to discuss his status further.
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
Fighter Fans is proud to be sponsored by the following MMA and Boxing brands:
- Venom Drip Combat SportswearÂ ’“ Founded in 2011 in Central California.Â Venom DripÂ Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand. Geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
- Sidekick BoxingÂ ’“ Developed by the company founder, Daniel Knight; who is a black belt in kickboxing and a team of manufacturing experts of over 20 years; Sidekick has rapidly earned a name of high quality kickboxing equipment with a real stylish look to hit the market. This success of our equipment grew us naturally into other combat sports and Sidekick became the equipment sponsor to many prestigious kickboxing and MMA promotions.
Also Check Out:
- Michael Chandler Talks Using The ’˜Mike Tyson’ Strategy
- Cris ’˜Cyborg’ Santos Open To Fighting Kayla Harrison
- Charles Oliveira Plans To Call Out Winner Of Poirier McGregor
- Michael Chandler ’“ ‘I Don’t Think Conor McGregor Gets The Credit That He Deserves’
- Brendan Schaub on Anthony Pettis ’“ ‘What Does a PFL Championship Really Do For You?’
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Tom Aspinall Confirmed for UFC Fight Night