Valentina Shevchenko recently spoke to James Lynch ofÂ Fanatics View. The UFC Flyweight Champion discussed a number of topics during her time on the show, including the potential superfight with Weili Zhang.
“I don’t want to rush (the Zhang superfight) yet because I still believe that Rose is going to be the winner” Shevchenko stated. “I still believe it, that’s why if it happens this way there is no more talk. So let’s see. Let’s see what’s going to happen on that night and I’ll look at that fight.”
Valentina Shevchenko on Weili Zhang
“If Weili wins, okay, you’re welcome, I don’t see any problem to fight her because I understand totally her fight game and what she is a fighter” Valentina Shevchenko continued. “It’s just going to be a massive preparation to do my best in this fight (against Andrade). So let’s see how it’s going to happen. Let’s see how the fight turns out.”
Both women are set to fight at the UFC 261 event that takes place on April 24th. If both were to emerge victorious it is likely that the company will be looking to put the two inside the octagon together.
credit to BJPENN.com for the transcription
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
- Venom Drip Combat Sportswear ’“ Founded in 2011 in Central California. Venom Drip Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand. Geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
Also Check Out:
- Juliana Pena Keeps Calling Out UFC GOAT Amanda Nunes
- Daniel Cormier ’“ ‘Jon Jones Is The World’s Best Light Heavyweight’
- Dana White Says Israel Adesanya Should ‘Focus on Middleweight’
- Aljamain Sterling To Trolls ’“ ‘Cool Your Tits, You Guys Aren’t Doctors’
- Monster Energy Responds To Allegations Made By Dominick Cruz
- Henry Cejudo Apologises To Bantamweight Champion Aljamain Sterling
- Max Holloway Talks Not Getting Khabib Nurmagomedov Fight