The wrestling world and WWE News is buzzing with anticipation as Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa, two of WWE’s most celebrated superstars, are set to reunite in the ring after nearly four years.
This iconic duo, fondly known by fans as DIY, has a storied history in WWE, and their upcoming match is sure to be a spectacle.
WWE News: The Return of DIY
On the 23rd of October episode of WWE Raw, a dramatic turn of events saw Tommaso Ciampa come to the aid of Johnny Gargano, who was facing off against Imperium’s Giovanni Vinci.
This intervention by Ciampa was not just a mere coincidence; it marked the reformation of the beloved tag team, DIY.
It’s been a considerable amount of time since we last saw Gargano and Ciampa team up in a regular tag team match. The last time they graced our screens as a duo was during the WWE NXT Worlds Collide event in January 2020, where they emerged victorious against Moustache Mountain, consisting of Tyler Bate and Trent Seven.
A Glimpse into the Past
The journey of DIY has been nothing short of a rollercoaster. After their last regular tag team match in 2020, the two superstars took different paths.
They did, however, team up once more during the WWE NXT 2.0 WarGames in 2021. This event saw them join forces with LA Knight and Pete Dunne, known as Butch, to form Team Black & Gold. They faced off against Team 2.0, which included Bron Breakker, Carmelo Hayes, Grayson Waller, and Tony D’Angelo.
The true reunion of DIY, however, was witnessed on the 2nd of October 2023 episode of WWE Raw. This episode was a treat for fans, as it showcased Ciampa’s quest to find his tag partner, culminating in the reformation of the iconic duo.
WWE News: What’s Next for DIY?
The upcoming episode of WWE Raw promises to be a thrilling one. Following the interference of Imperium’s Ludwig Kaiser during Johnny Gargano’s match, Ciampa made a timely return to ensure Gargano’s victory.
This set the stage for a tag team showdown, with DIY gearing up to face Vinci and Kaiser.
- Who are Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa?
- They are professional wrestlers in WWE, popularly known as the tag team DIY.
- When was the last time DIY teamed up in a regular match?
- They last teamed up in a regular match at the WWE NXT Worlds Collide in January 2020.
- What is the significance of the October 23 episode of WWE Raw for DIY?
- Tommaso Ciampa made a return to help Johnny Gargano against Imperium’s Giovanni Vinci, marking the reformation of DIY.
- Who will DIY be facing in their upcoming match?
- DIY will be taking on Giovanni Vinci and Ludwig Kaiser in the upcoming episode of WWE Raw.