WCW legend Goldberg will be returning to the ring at WWE SummerSlam 2021, where he is set to face Bobby Lashley for the WWE Championship.
Goldberg has made sporadic appearances for the company over the past couple of years, which have included his well-received feud against Brock Lesnar over the Universal Championship.
However, the former Champion has been called out once again for being ‘unsafe’ in the ring, with former WWE Superstar Rene Dupree of La RÃ©sistance stating as such onÂ That 90’s Wrestling Podcast.
‘Yeah, he dislocated my collarbone”, Dupree revealed of Goldberg. “We (La RÃ©sistance) had a pre-tape in the back with Goldberg; and he hit me with the French flag, we had to do 5 takes.”
“To this day, if I try to flex it, it still hurts. Yeah, he’s the sh*ts,” Dupree continued. “He’s horrible; many wrestlers will tell you that.’
Goldberg called out for being unsafe
Here is the current confirmed card for the upcoming WWE SummerSlam 2021 PPV event:
- WWE Universal Championship Match ’“ Roman Reigns (c) vs John Cena
- Raw Women’s Championship Match ’“ Nikki A.S.H. (c) vs Rhea Ripley vs Charlotte Flair (Triple Threat Match)
- WWE Championship Match ’“ Bobby Lashley (c) vs Goldberg
- Edge vs Seth Rollins
- SmackDown Women’s Championship ’“ Bianca Belair (c) vs Sasha Banks
- SmackDown Tag Team Championships ’“ The Usos (c) vs Dominik & Rey Mysterio
WWE will be announcing more matches for the PPV event in the coming weeks on WWE Raw, WWE SmackDown and their social media channels.
Don’t miss SummerSlam on Saturday, Aug. 21, streaming at 8 ET/5 PT exclusively on Peacock in the United States, BT Sport Box Office in the United Kingdom and WWE Network everywhere else (including the UK).