In a surprising turn of events, WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan has made a significant announcement about his much-anticipated Netflix biopic.
The wrestling legend recently revealed that the project, which had Chris Hemsworth attached to star as Hogan, has encountered a major setback.
During a recent episode of the Insight with Chris Van Vliet podcast, Hogan shared that Netflix had missed a crucial deadline, resulting in the streaming giant no longer holding the rights to his life story.
This unexpected development has left fans and industry insiders alike wondering about the future of the biopic.
Behind the Scenes of the Biopic
Hogan elaborated on the situation, explaining that Netflix had encountered a business-related hiccup. This led to a delay, and by the time they tried to rectify the situation, Hogan had already decided to move on.
The script for the biopic was penned by Scott Silver, known for his work on “The Joker”. Hogan expressed his admiration for the script, comparing its quality to iconic films like “Scarface” and “The Godfather”.
Despite the setback with Netflix, Hogan remains optimistic about the project’s future, hinting at potential developments elsewhere.
Hogan’s Wrestling Legacy
While the biopic’s fate remains uncertain, Hogan’s legacy in the wrestling world is undeniable. He touched upon the possibility of one last match, expressing his desire for a final showdown.
However, due to his health and past surgeries, Hogan admitted that the chances of this happening are slim.
He also reminisced about an apparent missed opportunity to face John Cena at WrestleMania 25. Plans were in motion, but a sudden back injury forced Hogan to step back, leaving fans to only imagine what could have been.
Hogan’s Mount Rushmore of Wrestling
When asked about his personal Mount Rushmore of wrestling, Hogan had a tough decision to make. He firmly believes that Andre the Giant deserves a spot, alongside Ric Flair.
Hogan praised Flair’s dedication to the wrestling business, highlighting his sacrifices and passion. For Hogan, the other two spots would go to The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin, cementing their places as wrestling legends.
- Has the Hulk Hogan biopic been cancelled?
- As per Hogan’s recent statement, the biopic with Netflix has stalled due to a missed deadline by the streaming service.
- Who was set to play Hulk Hogan in the biopic?
- Chris Hemsworth was attached to portray Hulk Hogan.
- Who wrote the script for the biopic?
- The script was penned by Scott Silver, known for movies like “The Joker”.
- Will there be another match featuring Hulk Hogan?
- Hogan expressed his desire for one last match, but due to health concerns, it seems unlikely.
- Who does Hulk Hogan consider as wrestling legends?
- Hogan’s personal Mount Rushmore includes Andre the Giant, Ric Flair, The Rock, and Stone Cold Steve Austin.