WWE RAW Superstar Ivar, one-half of the Viking Raiders, is on the cusp of a significant singles push. This development comes in the wake of his tag partner’s injury and a series of events that have showcased Ivar’s potential as a solo competitor.
The Viking Raiders, comprising Ivar and Erik, have been a formidable tag team in WWE. However, they haven’t been seen competing together since their match at the WWE Main Event taping on September 11th, where they squared off against Cedric Alexander and Shelton Benjamin. Erik’s absence from the ring is due to a surgery that will sideline him for at least six months.
In Erik’s absence, Ivar has taken the opportunity to shine as a singles competitor. Notably, he had a match against Kofi Kingston that garnered significant attention and praise from within the WWE, according to a new report from Fightful Select.
WWE RAW Superstar Ivar: The One True Warrior
A recent vignette aired on Raw has further solidified Ivar’s singles push. This segment portrayed him as “the one true warrior”, a title that speaks volumes about the direction WWE intends to take with his character.
The atmospheric video, which Ivar shared on his Twitter, depicts Valhalla bestowing upon him a cloak, symbolising his elevated status.
The vignette goes on to describe the Viking Raider as “a god walking amongst men”, hinting at a significant and dominant role for Ivar in the coming months.
The Future for Ivar
With such strong backing from the management and the creative direction his character is taking, it’s evident that Ivar is set for big things in WWE.
His recent performances and the internal praise he has received suggest that he could be a major player in the singles division.
- Who is Ivar?
- Ivar is one half of the WWE tag team, the Viking Raiders.
- Why is Ivar getting a singles push?
- With his tag partner Erik out due to surgery, Ivar has been impressing in singles competition, earning praise from WWE management.
- What was the significance of the vignette aired on Raw?
- The vignette portrayed Ivar as “the one true warrior”, hinting at a dominant role for him in the future.
- How long will Erik be out of action?
- Erik is expected to be out for at least six months following surgery.
- Has Ivar competed as a singles wrestler before?
- Yes, notably, he had a match against Kofi Kingston that was well-received internally.