In a recent revelation, Ric Flair, the WWE Hall of Famer, has made it clear that he has no intentions of returning to the wrestling ring.
This comes as a surprise to many, given the wrestler’s illustrious career and his previous hints at a potential comeback.
Ric Flair: Current Endeavours
While Flair may have hung up his wrestling boots, he is far from inactive. He has been deeply involved with his brand, Woooo! Energy Drinks.
The inception of this energy drink brand has been a significant shift in his life, and he’s been actively promoting it. Flair’s partnership with Chad Bronstein, the brains behind the energy drink, has been transformative.
They believe that their formula is distinct from other energy drinks in the market. Flair emphasised the importance of personal promotion during an interview with PWInsider, stating that a product’s impact is significantly amplified when personally endorsed.
The Cultural Impact of ‘Woooo’
Flair’s iconic catchphrase, ‘Woooo’, has transcended wrestling and become a cultural phenomenon. He reminisced about its inception, stating that he began using it spontaneously, and it caught on like wildfire.
From Europe to Australia, the catchphrase has resonated with fans, becoming an expression of heightened emotion. Flair acknowledges the overwhelming love he receives for it but also mentions the inevitable jealousy that comes with success.
No More Wrestling for Flair
Addressing the rumours about his return to wrestling with PWInsider, Flair clarified that his words were taken out of context.
While he feels physically capable of wrestling, he has no desire to do so. He believes that if he were to wrestle again, he could potentially be better by learning from past mistakes.
However, he emphasised his current state of well-being, noting that he’s one of the few wrestlers who hasn’t undergone surgeries like knee or hip replacements.
Memories from the Past
Flair also touched upon the days when Jim Crockett Promotions and the WWF would run shows in the same cities. He fondly remembered the camaraderie between wrestlers, even though they were from competing promotions.
The WWE, according to Flair, was more entertainment-focused, while they were selling wrestling. He highlighted the intense schedules both promotions had, with wrestlers often not seeing each other for extended periods.
- Is Ric Flair returning to wrestling?
- No, Ric Flair has stated that he has no desire to return to wrestling.
- What is Ric Flair currently involved in?
- Flair is actively promoting his brand, Woooo! Energy Drinks.
- How did the catchphrase ‘Woooo’ become popular?
- Flair began using it spontaneously, and it resonated with fans worldwide, becoming a cultural phenomenon.
- Has Flair undergone any major surgeries like many wrestlers?
- No, Flair mentioned that he hasn’t had surgeries like knee or hip replacements.
- What are Flair’s memories of wrestling in Ohio?
- Flair has fond memories of wrestling in Cleveland during the 80s and has expressed his love for the sports-loving nature of the state.