WWE SmackDown, the globally renowned wrestling show, has once again proved its dominance in the television ratings.
The episode that aired on November 3rd, 2023, saw a significant surge in viewership, which is very interesting, especially considering it was a pre-taped episode leading up to the much-anticipated Crown Jewel event.
WWE SmackDown Ratings: A Return to Form
After a one-off show on FS1, WWE SmackDown made its triumphant return to FOX. Despite being a pre-taped episode, the show garnered a massive viewership.
The overnight numbers are in, according to Alfred Konuwa, and they’re impressive: the November 3rd episode raked in an overnight viewership of 2.017 million.
Even more noteworthy is the 648K viewers in the coveted 18 to 49 demographic. This is a stark contrast to the October 27th episode, which aired on FS1 due to the 2023 MLB World Series and managed an overnight viewership of just 1.077 million.
Highlights from the Episode
The episode was not just about numbers; it was packed with action and drama that kept the audience glued to their screens:
- Kevin Owens showcased his wrestling prowess by defeating Austin Theory with his signature move, the stunner.
- In an exciting non-title match, Shotzi teamed up with Charlotte Flair to best Piper Niven and Chelsea Green.
- Solo Sikoa, with Paul Heyman by his side, hyped up his upcoming match against John Cena at Crown Jewel. The segment saw a fiery verbal duel between Cena and Sikoa, ending with Cena delivering a significant blow.
- The episode also featured a thrilling main event where Bianca Belair emerged victorious against Bayley, sending a strong message by putting her opponent through the announce table.
- What was the viewership for the November 3rd episode of WWE SmackDown?
- The episode drew an overnight viewership of 2.017 million.
- How did this compare to the October 27th episode?
- The October 27th episode, which aired on FS1, had an overnight viewership of 1.077 million.
- Who were some of the standout performers on the November 3rd episode?
- Kevin Owens, Solo Sikoa, Bianca Belair, and Charlotte Flair were among the standout performers.
- What was the significance of the November 3rd episode?
- The episode was the final SmackDown before the Crown Jewel event, making it crucial in building storylines and hype for the upcoming pay-per-view.