Our best wishes go out to Drew McIntyre during his battle with COVID-19.
WWE revealed yesterday that reigning WWE Champion Drew McIntyre had tested positive for COVID-19. Due to this the Scottish Superstar would appeared on the show in a pre-tape, of course isolating himself from the rest of the roster.
There now appears to be an update to the situation. Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer Radio claimed that there have been 3 more positive cases of COVID-19 within WWE, making it 4 positive results including McIntyre thus far. It’s interesting that WWE has not made this information public, instead just referring to the WWE Champion on television.
Reportedly Drew McIntyre may have tested positive on Sunday, the day before Monday Night RAW. Apparently all Superstars are required to take tests before the show. It may well have been that McIntyre tested positive even just hours before the RAW broadcast, but Sunday is looking like the likely date at this point.
Please note that we cannot confirm if this is unequivocally the case right now. If McIntyre did take a test on Sunday and he was confirmed as positive on the same day (definitely now possible), then hopefully he was already isolated from the rest of the roster. McIntyre himself confirmed that he was asymptomatic, and the match against Goldberg at the Royal Rumble is still likely to go ahead.
Also Check Out:
- Chris Jericho Re-iterates The Importance of The 18-49 Demo
- Kenny Omega on Bullet Club Reunion ’“ ‘We’re Just Getting Started’
- Sasha Banks Reacts To Snoop Dogg Hitting a ’˜Frog Splash’ on AEW Dynamite
- The Young Bucks Join Super Elite Club on AEW Dynamite
- Jim Ross Talks Promise He Made To Brodie Lee Jr
- Cody Rhodes Talks ’˜Breaking The Rules’ of Pro Wrestling, Doing a ’˜Finish’ During a Commercial Break