WWE Superstar and current RAW commentator Samoa Joe recently spoke to Uproxx. Joe has a brand new Grit & Glory series that is airing as part of WWE The Bump, and this interview was part of the promotion for the new segment.
During the interview, Samoa Joe was asked what it has been like waiting on the side-lines for his eventual in-ring return.
‘I think right now, we’ve learned a lot medically about concussions and recovery and we’re taking the safest and the best approach and I appreciate it” Joe stated. “WWE medical, they’ve been great and understanding and wonderful. So I think at this time we’re just taking the best course of action. Obviously some things have been delayed just because of the pandemic and medical availability and liability of being in places and traveling to get evaluations and stuff.”
Samoa Joe on WWE Concussion Protocol
“So, I mean, there’s been some technical holdups as well” Samoa Joe continued. “As just a very careful approach to my return and recovery and I appreciate it. And I’m all aboard, you know? I would rather take this time and miss a large considerable amount of time than potentially this getting more serious. It took (WWE) a lot to talk me down. But after seeing medically, you know, what I’ve seen, I agree with them. And we’re just taking our time with it and trying to do right.”
There’s currently no timetable on a potential return to action for the RAW Superstar.
Also Check Out:
- The Miz Reacts To WWE Championship Win at Elimination Chamber
- Edge Reacts To WrestleMania 37 Main Event Confirmation
- The Wrest Is History 22nd February ’“ FastLane 2015
- The Miz Wins The WWE Championship at Elimination Chamber
- WWE Elimination Chamber ’“ WWE Championship Match Result
- Edge Confirms WrestleMania Match Choice at Elimination Chamber
- Update on WrestleMania 37 Expected Attendance for Both Nights
- Former WWE Superstar Reportedly Returning To The Company