Welcome to The Wrest Is History! In this new column we look at back a significant event from this day in Pro Wrestling history. 17th February 2002 marked the No Way Out PPV event from WWE from Bradley Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.. The show began with a huge debut from the ‘poison’ that was sent by Vince McMahon to destroy his own creation. That poison was the nWo.
The nWo faction was one of the biggest driving forces in WCW from 1996 onwards. There have been many iterations of the group throughout the years, but the greatest version of the group was the original trio of ‘Hollywood’ Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash and Scott Hall.
nWo appeared at the opening of the show, signalling their arrival in WWE and the beginning of the build to WrestleMania 18.
Check out the nWo debuting below:
Here’s the full card from that night in 2002 that you can watch back in full on WWE Network.
- WWF World Tag Team TitleÂ #1 Contendership Tag Team Turmoil Match
- Rob Van DamÂ vs.Â Goldust
- WWF World Tag Team TitleÂ Match – Spike DudleyÂ &Â TazzÂ (c) vs.Â Booker TÂ &Â Test
- WWF Intercontinental TitleÂ Brass Knuckles On A Pole Match – William RegalÂ (c) vs.Â Edge
- The UndertakerÂ vs.Â The Rock
- WWF Undisputed World Heavyweight TitleÂ #1 Contendership Match (Special Referee: Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley) – Triple HÂ vs.Â Kurt Angle
- WWF Undisputed World Heavyweight TitleÂ Match – Chris JerichoÂ (c) vs.Â Steve Austin
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
- MANSCAPED ’“ We are absolutely ecstatic to announce that Fighter Fans has joined with MANSCAPEDâ„¢ to offer our readers 20% off and FREE SHIPPING on all orders! MANSCAPEDâ„¢ the best in men’s below-the-waist grooming. MANSCAPEDâ„¢ offers precision-engineered tools for your family jewels. Go to http://manscaped.com/ and get 20% off + free shipping with our link: manscaped.com/fighterfans #manscapedpod
- Venom Drip Combat Sportswear ’“ Founded in 2011 in Central California. Venom Drip Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand. Geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
Also Check Out:
- HIGHLIGHTS ’“ MSK Heading To Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic Final
- Mandy Rose Does The ‘Buss It Challenge’ (VIDEO)
- Bad Bunny Dominates WWE Merchandise Sales This Week
- Backstage News on Talents ’˜Pulled’ From The Royal Rumble
- Tyson Kidd Talks Vince McMahon Turning Down a Royal Rumble Return
- Edge Making WrestleMania Decision Following WWE Elimination Chamber
- WWE Elimination Chamber 2021 Main Event Confirmed
- Former WWE 24/7 Champion Rob Gronkowski Wins Super Bowl