Welcome to The Wrest Is History! In this new column we look at back a significant event from this day in Pro Wrestling history. February 27th marked the WWE Super ShowDown 2020 event from Mohammed Abdu Arena On The Boulevard,Â Riyadh. This show was controversial for many reasons, with the pro wrestling controversy coming in the main event between Goldberg and ‘The Fiend’ Bray Wyatt.
The show is also noteworthy as it features the first ever WWE Women’s Championship match taking place in Saudi Arabia. Bayley faced Naomi in defending her WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship on the night.
You can check out some of the highlights from the event below, including the aforementioned Universal Championship match and Brock Lesnar vs Ricochet:
WWE Super ShowDown 2020
Here’s the full card for Super ShowDown 2020, which you can watch over onÂ WWE Network.
- The O.C.Â (Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson) vsÂ The Viking RaidersÂ (ErikÂ andÂ Ivar)
- Gauntlet Match – The Undertaker vs AJ Styles vsÂ Andrade vs Bobby Lashley vs Erick Rowan vsÂ R-Truth
- WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship Match – The New Day (c) vs The Miz and John Morrison
- Angel GarzaÂ vsÂ Humberto Carrillo
- WWE RAW Tag Team Championship Match – Seth RollinsÂ andÂ MurphyÂ (c) vsÂ The Street ProfitsÂ (Angelo DawkinsÂ andÂ Montez Ford)
- MansoorÂ vsÂ Dolph Ziggler
- Brock LesnarÂ (withÂ Paul Heyman) (c) vs Ricochet
- Cage Match – Roman Reigns vs King Corbin
- WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship Match – BayleyÂ (c) vs Naomi
- WWE Universal Championship Match – ‘The Fiend’ Bray Wyatt (c) vs Goldberg
Also Check Out:
- The Miz Reacts To WWE Championship Win at Elimination Chamber
- Edge Reacts To WrestleMania 37 Main Event Confirmation
- The Wrest Is History 22nd February ’“ FastLane 2015
- The Miz Wins The WWE Championship at Elimination Chamber
- WWE Elimination Chamber ’“ WWE Championship Match Result
- Edge Confirms WrestleMania Match Choice at Elimination Chamber
- Update on WrestleMania 37 Expected Attendance for Both Nights
- Former WWE Superstar Reportedly Returning To The Company