Matchroom Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn recently spoke to the Sky Sports Toe2Toe podcast. During the podcast, Eddie Hearn would discuss the (hopefully) upcoming Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury bout.
Hearn confirmed that he and his team have been speaking to a number of venues in different countries to host the fight. “I mean, we’re talking to Saudi Arabia, we’re talking to Qatar. We’re talking to Dubai, we’re talking to Singapore. We’re talking to China and we’re talking to America.”
Eddie Hearn on AJ vs Fury
“We all know that everybody would like this fight in the UK” Eddie Hearn continued. “Can we hand on heart say that in May, we can have 100,000 people in Wembley? I think that’s very unlikely. So therefore, to make this fight? We need to go somewhere that’s realistic.”
“We need to go somewhere where there’s going to be enough money on the table to make both guys say, ‘yeah, let’s go'” stated Hearn. “All I can tell you is I know that speaking on AJ’s side? He’s training for Tyson Fury.”
Eddie Hearn would then quickly pull away from that comment. “Actually I’m not sure about that, because he’s (Joshua) quite a unique character. He’s actually training for all comers for the rest of his career, but I know it’s in his mind. And I believe that in Tyson Fury’s mind right now? All he’s thinking is ‘I’m fighting Joshua next.'”
Also Check Out:
- EZwork Boxing ’“ Anthony Joshua Will VACATE If Usyk Stops Tyson Fury Fight!?
- Teofimo Lopez Ranks The Top 5 In The Lightweight Division
- Manny Pacquiao Says That Conor McGregor Is ’˜Next’
- Evander Holyfield Compares Ex-NFL Player To Deontay Wilder
- Oscar De La Hoya Talks Gennadiy Golovkin Comments ’“ ‘He’s Got To Protect His Own Image’
- Spencer Oliver ’“ ‘If There’s One Super Middleweight Who Could Test Canelo? It’s Billy Joe Saunders’